Multimedia Product/Project Deployment Engineer
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. The Digital Workplace Engineering team is responsible for delivery of the platforms and tools that allow our businesses to be truly mobile. We are a global team of engineers and product managers that integrate 3rd party solutions and build global infrastructures. Our goal is to enable our people to work in the way that facilitates their business securely from anywhere. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Be obsessed with user-centric design and delivering the best user experience.
- Work with the broader corporate workplace solutions team to develop programs for executive presentation.
- Work with end user customers to document requirements and understand users, user journeys, pain points.
- Develop, implement, and manage new services and tools, and strategic programs to support and enhance stakeholder engagement, communication and feedback.
- Work independently to manage multiple complex projects.
- Work cross-functionally with internal and external teams including UX designers, developers, testers, business divisions and leadership to implement features for global roll-out.
- Identify and manage program blocking issues, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical or operational constraints.
- Manage product requirements and book of work, define releases and product metrics.
- Assist with the investigation and root cause resolution for escalations.
- Project administration for a global team which includes: project cost estimation, placing orders in the internal ordering system, preparation of project scope documents, bill of materials and building work permits, review of the drawings.
- Ownership of the ticket submission, tracking and closure within GS internal systems. Interface with vendors for external vendor dependencies. Prepare and share network IP information for vendor pre-configuration, prepare network patching requests, VLAN and IP configuration using provisioning system, basic system configuration.
- Manage operational hand-over with support team to get it ready for launch and update inventory systems once deployed.
- Run daily stand up scrum meetings, bi-weekly backlog grooming, sprint planning and sending out scrum report to stakeholders.
- Coordinate testing of planned Zoom software updates from alpha to beta to production release.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE, WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years experience in the multimedia / audio-visual industry.
- Avixa, ICIA, infocomm academy certification preferred.
- 3+ years experience in product management, project management.
- Strong communication skills.
- 3+ years experience working with the construction management process including detailed working knowledge of design development and construction documentation.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with other team members.
- Proactively identify efficiency and design improvements to existing systems and processes.
- Experience with Agile delivery framework.
- Ability to multi-task across projects with different priorities.
- Experience and proficiency with the Zoom Meetings platform and understanding of video conference systems such as Zoom Rooms, and Cisco WebEx.
- Be proficient in construction management process -budgeting, planning, implementation and close out.
- Working knowledge and understanding of IP addressing and network architecture.
- Proficient at writing scope documents and technology estimates for executive approval.
- Proficient at managing vendor relationships.
- Have experience placing orders, paying invoices, processing change orders with vendors.
- Familiarity with JIRA and the agile process, scrum master experience a plus.
- Experience with Ariba software is a bonus.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or relative technical field