Network Engineer – Tier one prop trading house
My client is a tier one hedge fund with heavy presence in Asia. The firm is ranked highly by its employees - creative, intelligent challenging, high visibility, fun team. They are now seeking to hire a Network Engineer to join their team in Hong Kong.
This is a dynamic high visibility role that covers network and system infrastructure with a focus on network side for Hong Kong office. Strong technical background and excellent communication skills is needed as this hand on role required heavy interactions with other regional offices globally.
- To design, install, configure, manage and support my client’s network infrastructure
- To research, test and implement new technologies and products
- To conduct performance monitoring / tuning and trouble shoot network issues
- To manage network device configuration changes and archival
- Liaise with vendors for all cost and technical related issues of data network domain
- Bachelor's degree or above in Information Technology or Computer Science or related disciplines.
- Hand on Network engineer
- Previous Linux system admin experience is a plus
- Previous working experience in financial sector is a plus (investment bank, buy-side firm or prop trading house), but not essential
- Strong Scripting skills
- Passion for new technology and always seeking to improve
- Excellent communication skills in English