Officer - Group Risk Management (Group Quantitative Risk)
- Perform independent validations on models used across the HKEX and properly document the validation work
- Provide effective challenges to key modelling elements including model assumptions, limitations, inputs, outputs, methodology, implementation, monitoring and control, etc.
- Ensure any identified model risk issues are effectively communicated with model stakeholders
- Work with model developers and key stakeholders on model ongoing monitoring and improvement
- Assist in develop, implement and enhance the model risk management policies, standards, procedures, controls and the model inventory management system
- Build strong working relationships with key partners across the HKEX, including 1st and 3rd line of risk defense
- Master's degree or equivalence in quantitative finance, mathematics, economics, computer science or related discipline.
- Professional risk qualification (or studying towards) would be beneficial (e.g. CFA, FRM).
- Experience with developing or validating risk models (i.e. market risk, credit risk and liquidity risk models), initial margin models and stress testing models is strongly preferred
- Relevant working experience in an Exchange or Clearing House and familiarity with the requirements of CPMI-IOSCO is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with derivatives is preferred.
- Strong and confident communicator both verbally and in written form.
- Good judgment and clear decision-making ability.
- Proficient with Excel, VBA and preferably the ability to work with programming languages such as Python and SQL.
- Strong quantitative risk skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to confidently consider options and develop risk mitigations.
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.