Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Job Objective
Work with a team of members in UT Support to provide quality back office processing of investment funds services to different customer segments and assist the team to the adherence to the regulatory requirements, bank policies, operational procedures, performance standard and service turnaround time. Principal Responsibilities
- Perform and provide quality back office processing of investment funds services to customers according to the SLA agreed with BUs and external service providers and follow the procedures specified in Department Operation Manual and requirements as specified by regulatory bodies;
- Ensure all transactions are properly authorized before processing and meet the requirements stipulated in Operation Manual and report problem to supervisor immediately;
- Handle enquiries from clients and liaise with fund house on all investment funds matters;
- Understand the bank policies on information protection, security control and regulatory compliance and report problem and exceptions to supervisor immediately;
- Cooperate with supervisor and team members on team building to achieve the team's goals;
- Accept duties assigned by the supervisor;
- Participate in system UAT when required.
- Process order input and amendment, order settlement, corporate action for all investment funds products according to the operation procedures as documented in the Operation Manual and other operational duties as assigned by supervisor;
- Holding and maintaining, by fulfilling the CPT requirement, the registration as a Relevant Individual (Type 1), if necessary, meet the "fit and proper" criteria under the requirement of Security and Future Ordinance and carry out operation duties that requires a license of Relevant Individual;
- Coordinate and follow up discrepancy items with relevant parties timely and escalate any exceptions to supervisor;
- Exercise good judgment to promptly resolve and/or escalate problems/discrepancies within established timelines and document clearly all occurrences and exceptions for future reference;
- Ensure all incoming emails and instructions are responded to in a timely manner;
- Contribute ideas and recommendations to improve process efficiencies and increase risk mitigation;
- Assist supervisor to prepare operation and MIS reports;
- Perform GL and system record checking/reconciliation and escalate to supervisor if there is any discrepancy;
- Handle internal/external customer compliant tactfully and ensure responsive problem solving for enquiries from branches and other units/parties within benchmark;
- Act as various coordinator as assigned by supervisor;
- Assist supervisor to conduct BCP drill test to ensure operations will not be interrupted due to disaster;
- Understand the regulatory and compliance requirements and internal control standards and report problem and exceptions to supervisor immediately;
- Understand the result of periodic risk based self assessment and assist to rectify exception/non-compliance issues as identified properly and timely;
- Provide support in ad-hoc project and assist to conduct testing on various systems enhancements to increase the efficiency and effectiveness in daily operations;
- Assist supervisor to promote staff morale and team culture in order to build up an efficient, knowledgeable and professional back-end operation support team;
- Cooperate with other team members and supervisor to maintain high team efficiency and effectiveness;
- Maintain self-development to ensure sufficient knowledge is equipped to handle the assigned duties.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in banking or investment operations;
- Relevant experience in relation to the processing and settlement of investment funds is an advantage.
- University graduated in Finance, Business Administration or relevant disciplines;
- Knowledge of banking or investment practices and procedures;
- Banking Certificate of HKAB or specialized academic qualifications in investment, such as holder of HKSI Licensing Examination Paper 1, is an advantage .
- Able to accept guidance and instruction of supervisor towards achieving the team's goals;
- Being attentive to details of assigned job;
- Ownership of results and commitment to personal goals;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong problem-solving skills and capability to adapt to changes;
- Hong Kong public holiday support may be required;
- Detail oriented with strong control mindset and able to work against tight short deadlines;
- Strong motivated and able to work under pressure;
- Fast and accurate typing;
- Proficiency in MS Office.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified