PB Equity Sales (VP/DIR) Hong Kong
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards. Job Purpose
Responsibilities Business Focus
- Provide advisory and execution on Equities and Structured Products to Relationship Managers (RMs), Investment Consultants (ICs) and Direct-Access-Clients (DACs)
- Present high conviction ideas at Weekly Investment Meetings (WIM) to all RMs and independently cover various markets for Transactional Investment Meetings (TIM)
- Directly drive DAC revenue through close engagement with DAC-tagged clients, via providing tailor-made investment ideas, conducting portfolio reviews and preparing investment proposals
- Generate timely tactical equity ideas via macro, fundamental and technical analysis, and to monitor the performance closely and ensure accountability
- Provide market intelligence, updates and facilitate generation of trading ideas during team meetings
- Coordinate with multiple key partners internally as well as externally, i.e. with Global Markets/ PB research on investment ideas, with COO/ Compliance to ensure marketing materials are compliant, and with external counterparties to ensure the best execution and staying ahead of market development.
Sales and Marketing
- Provide outstanding advisory and execution service on Equities and Structured Products
- Offer market knowledge, product depth and equity solutions to key business partners in PB APAC
- Ability to drive sales and increase DAC share-of-wallet revenue for Equity and equity related products
- Point of contact for DAC clients on equity/ SP solutions and continue to offer tailor-made investment ideas, portfolio reviews and investment proposals
- Utilise our close collaboration with PB and Global Markets Research to provide research views and offer innovative equity/ SP solutions.
Execution and Reporting
- Establish trust and excellent rapport with clients and internal partners (RMs and ICs) to
- Showcase our platform capabilities through market intelligence, market updates and facilitate generation of Equity ideas during team/client meetings
- Generate timely tactical equity ideas and monitor closely to ensure accountability
- Streamline processes to increase efficiency, minimize risks and ensure compliance through sales platform initiatives and risk projects
- Coordinate with business partners internally and externally, i.e. with research on investment ideas, with COO to make sure the marketing materials are compliant, and with counterparties in terms of the content and best execution.
- Promote EQ offerings and DAC service internally to facilitate sales efforts, e.g. conducting on-boarding training.
Market Intelligence and Knowledge Building
- For Equity and Equity Structured Products trade reporting to clients and internal partners
- Keeping on top of the latest developments in the financial markets at all times
- Capturing and sharing intelligence on markets, products, clients, competitors, etc., to improve the competitive advantage of the firm
- Adhering to relevant internal policies & regulatory requirements where applicable
- Keeping the concerned authorities (internal & external) informed of potential violation of legal and compliance regulations, Credit Risk Management issues, etc., to ensure smooth functioning of various processes
Communications & working relationships
- Participating in User Acceptance Testing of new/modified systems being introduced by the IT team and providing them feedback on the effectiveness
- Participating in Disaster Recovery Planning exercise of the bank
- Regular reviews with Equity & Structured Products Sales Team Location Head / APAC Heads
- Continuous coordination with Relationship Managers, Investment Consultants, Execution Desks, Operations, other desks in TS, and external counterparts, for functional efficiency
- Open communication through team meetings
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Relevant University or Graduate Degree with a sharp analytical mind
- At least 10 yrs of working experience in equities, derivatives and/or have equity and/or research knowledge across HK/China and US sectors
- Outstanding English and Mandarin communication skills (orally and written) is mandatory given the market focus.
- CFA, FRM, CAIA holders preferred
- Stay ahead of the latest developments in the financial markets at all times.
- Build strong positive relationship with business partners
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Bloomberg skills. Ideally combined with knowledge on VBA and SQL too.
- Passion for improving, building and leading change in all parts of our job.
- Motivated, adopt openness and diversity, is engaging, service oriented and flexible team-player with a real passion for clients
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also working under pressure to deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.