PayMe Senior Data Engineer - HSBC Operations, Services and Technology
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Data Engineer
. Principal responsibilities
- Leverage Big Data skills such as Java, Spark and other well known tooling in building a world class data store and analytics platform
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional, non functional business requirements
- Works with the team members to design and implement data solutions in alignment with the project schedule
- Work closely with data scientists to build model features into analytics data store
- Works with developers to make sure that all data solutions are consistent
- Expands and grows data platform capabilities to solve new data problems and challenges
- Creates data flow diagrams for all of business systems
- Implements security and recovery tools and techniques as required
- Builds automation tools
- Ensures all automated processes preserve data by managing the alignment of data availability and integration processes
- Interprets data results to business customers
- May develops standards and processes for integration projects and initiatives
- As a key member of the technical team alongside Engineers, Data Scientists and Data Users, you will be expected to define and contribute at a high level to many aspects of our collaborative Agile development process
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
- Work internal stakeholder to ensure requirements are understood and appropriately supported
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Experienced in Java, Scala and, or Python, Unix, Linux environment on premises and in the cloud
- Java development and design using Java 1.7, 1.8
- Advanced understanding of core features of Java and when to use them
- Experience with most of the following technologies such as Apache Hadoop, Scala, Apache Spark, Spark streaming, YARN, Kafka, Hive, HBase, Presto, Python, ETL frameworks, MapReduce, SQL, RESTful services
- Sound knowledge on working Unix, Linux Platform
- Hands on experience building data pipelines using Hadoop components Sqoop, Hive, Pig, Spark, Spark SQL
- Exposure to Agile Project methodology but also with exposure to other methodologies such as Kanban
- Understanding of data flows, data architectures, ETL
- Experience with developing Hive QL, UDF's for analyzing semi structured, structured datasets
- Experience with nosql databases such as HBASE Mongo
- Experience with Time series data store such as influx, elastic
- Experience with industry standard version control tools such as Git, GitHub, automated deployment tools such as Ansible and Jenkins and requirement management in JIRA
- Understanding of data modelling techniques using relational and non relational techniques
- Experience on Debugging the Code issues publishing hotfixes
- Graph Database experience
- Hadoop based big data frameworks
- No SQL and in memory databases
- Working experience with Hortonworks, MapReduce, Spark
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.