PayMe Senior Platform Tech Lead - HSBC Operations, Services and Technology
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as PayMe Senior Platform Tech Lead
. Principal responsibilities
- Provide a common vision and architecture across all relevant projects, ensuring technology reuse where appropriate
- Influence project definition, inject a broader view, review relevant projects, assess the level of strategic alignment and risk, and play a leading role in resolving any issues that arise
- Review and approve specifications to fit systems to the solution architecture
- Ensure that solutions being designed and delivered are compliant with the stated requirements and that the scope is controlled
- Document the end to end Solution Portfolios within a solution space, work with business analysts and business sponsors to define the business scope and, in conjunction with domain architects, craft a technical solution to support the defined needs
- Recommend solutions for the improved use of Information Technology solutions and applications within the context of the wider enterprise architecture
- Oversee one or more solution areas, provide direction to project teams and establish the architect's role within the business system areas
- Make technological choices regarding products, methodologies, industry standards, and vendors to guide Information Technology staff who buy, build or operate applications and services
- Introduce new techniques, products, services, technologies and standards where needed
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Demonstrated successful records of rapidly building relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong working experience in all aspects of Tier 1 applications
- Strong understanding of strategic planning, including managing business change, business process and business cases
- Proven working experience of current and strategic trends in key sectors of Information Technology industry
- Strong track record in technical expertise in multiple Information Technology roles
- Good understanding of the global strategies of the Group and ability to collaborate with the business at a global level to accomplish these strategies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the capacity to articulate the case for Information Technology investments and alternatives in the language of business
- Well proven ability to understand and interpret complex business and Information Technology requirements
- Very strong ability to assess Information Technology trends
- Good negotiation, influencing and mediation skills
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.