a) actively participate and support the team lead's responsibility in engaging with other internal partner functions (and with external clients) to perform effective management of L&H's in-force portfolios.
b) assist to drive regular business review meetings among internal functions to spot issues earlier and fix it
Assist on inforce portfolio initiatives to actively manage inforce risk and increase value of the inforce. This includes for example:
a) Perform portfolio deep dives to review treaty profitability and propose actions to improve treaty performance
b) Complete quantitative experience analysis and valuation for recapture or non-contractual change on the inforce.
c) Drive key inforce initiatives such as US GAAP initiatives, Portfolio Optimization, Customer Retention Management, IFRS 17 and other inforce solutions.
d) Reprice reviewable rate treaties or provide technical peer review support.
Perform experience monitoring:
a) Work on production of regular and ad hoc monitoring analysis, including claims, retention/lapse, and other.
b) Highlight key observations and recommendations to assist on business steering and in-force management.
c) Monitor treaty's rate review trigger or internal KPI to ensure timely action is taken when necessary.
d) Identify early warning signals and managing portfolio risks such that proactive action can be taken to protect the value of the in-force and ensure its sustainability; Spot issue early and fix them.
Support Group wide and local projects as required, including other priorities of the L&H Business Management team.
The mandate of the Portfolio Management team is to monitor, protect and maximize the shareholder value extracted from the in-force L&H portfolio across its six markets in Asia: China, Japan, South Korea, South East Asia, Hong Kong & Taiwan and India.
• Good exam progress with a recognised Actuarial professional body.
• Minimum 6+ years of L&H valuation or pricing experience in reinsurance or primary insurance
• Good technical knowledge in areas of liability portfolio management (e.g. experience analysis, product pricing and valuation, financial performance analysis).
• Working knowledge of US GAAP financial reporting and embedded valuation methods (e.g. MCEV, EEV, TEV)
• Strong analytical skills, good understanding of financial reporting systems, actuarial models and data management
• Experience in regular experience monitoring and highlight/ investigate variance in experience and its root causes.