As a Barclays APAC Prime Finance RAD Developer, this is an exciting time to join the Prime Finance RAD team. This business is at the forefront of industry leading innovative client focused solutions using big data and financial modelling. For that reason, you'll be required to convert evolving business and trade ideas into strategic solutions. You will have securities industry experience within IT infrastructure, worked in a fast pace iterative manner, worked closely with front office quantitative analytics and IT teams.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. What will you be doing?
What we're looking for:
- Building solid partnership with global stakeholders (includes traders, product management, middle office) to implement robust time to market solutions.
- Working within the local RAD team focusing on various aspects of the projects leading to the successful implementation and improvements of the business critical tasks
- Using your robust IT implementation approach to build solutions for all end users within Equity Finance.
- Analysing existing systems/processes or to design new components and provide alternate solutions and reasoned recommendations of a chosen approach.
- Performing sound root cause analysis for all the user queries and provide valid justification to stake holders.
- Putting together robust proof of concepts (Python, VBA, SQL, Excel) that are transformed into scalable strategic solutions using approved technological platforms
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Math, Stats or related engineering field.
- Excellent verbal & written English communication skills.
- Substantial experience in computer programming using scalable technologies such as Python, Angular, VBA, Excel, SQL, Java, or C#
- Excellent experience in a Rapid Application Development environment
Where will you be working?
- Experience working with enterprise wide scalable strategic systems from design to development and pricing of financial instruments
- Willing to work and develop ideas independently, be a responsible and a contributing team player and to continually evolve software
- Exposure to Data Science discipline
- Investment Bank FO experience. Degrees in Finance, CFA, FRM or currently pursuing studies in these disciplines
Our offices are situated in the center of Hong Kong's financial district, at 2 Queen's Road.
Cheung Kong Centre is an investment banking hub that offers panoramic views of Victoria Harbour and Kowloon Peninsula. There is a variety of local amenities and you will be just a short walk from shopping malls, health clubs and multiple transport links.