We're home to Asia's most dynamic and vibrant capital markets.
Connecting capital, ideas, inspiration and innovation for deeper, more diverse and liquid global capital markets; providing greater choice and opportunity for our customers, each and every day.
HKEX is a purpose-driven company. Our commitment to the long-term development of our business and our markets is articulated in our purpose: "To Connect, Promote and Progress our Markets and the Communities they support for the prosperity of all." Job Summary:
The Markets Systems Technology team is responsible for delivering first-in-class systems for trading, market data dissemination and surveillance monitoring in cash and derivatives markets. We play a critical role in managing the full software development cycle, including architecture design, development, testing and implementation of our mission critical systems. We also partner with infrastructure and cyber security team to operate our systems in such fast growing financial markets in Hong Kong. Job Duties:
We are seeking for a motivated and energetic Software Engineer to join our Markets Systems technology team. You will have the opportunity to work with a group of talented and passionate software engineers whom shared the vision of enhancing the current HKEX systems whilst working towards the development of the next generation of HKEX platforms.
If you want to make an impact, come and join us. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for system development and project implementation activities including the business requirement analysis, resource estimation, schedule development, application development, testing and documentation for cash market systems.
- Collaborate with business user divisions to collect business requirements
- Collaborate with other IT teams on activities with common systems impacts
- Carry out production support and BAU task
- Perform quality review for software design and carry out required code changes in application development
- Conduct and support the testing in various phases of software development process
- Assess technological risk and drive actions for mitigation
- Establish technical excellence and follow industry best practices
- Uphold compliance with organization policies and standards
- Degree in Computer Science, MIS, IT or related disciplines
- Minimum 10 years' relevant experience within similar industry or sizeable organizations.
- Solid skills in Linux, C/C++, Python, unicast and multicast network programming, shell scripting etc. With strong object oriented programming skills but less experience in C/C++ will also be considered.
- Good understanding and experience in DevOps framework and tools (eg. Jira, Git, Jenkins etc.)
- Experienced in project for development of large scale mission critical market systems
- Good understanding of securities and/or derivatives industry. Knowledge of FIX protocol is an added advantage
- Experience in securities trading system is an added advantage
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication skills.
- Good analytic mind, self-motivated and able to work independently
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese ( Mandarin is an added advantage).
HKEX is committed as an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is one of our core values and we look to support, respect diverse perspectives, abilities, culture and experiences within our workplace. Location:
HKEX - TKO Shift:
Standard - 40 Hours (Hong Kong SAR) Scheduled Weekly Hours:
40 Worker Type: