Principle DevOps Engineer
The Assistant Director - Principal DevOps Engineer will support our production and development environments in the APAC region. This includes both internal tasks - deploying new versions of the software, working on improvements to our infrastructure and deployment automation, etc. - as well as responding to client tickets and troubleshooting production issues. Responsibilities include:
- Primary point of contact for users of Moody's insurance software in APAC, provide timely resolution for end-user reported problems in line with our SLAs
- Management and support of infrastructure and development applications including continuous integration, source code management, and hosted applications.
- Active participation in high level team activities such as suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements and conducting tool evaluations.
- Work collaboratively with team members to ensure successful delivery and implementation of assigned tasks. Liaison with next level management
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Expertise (2+years) in the following areas:
- Extensive Cloud experience (Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure) especially in deploying and managing development, QA, and production workloads.
- Experience in supporting SAAS application
- Deep knowledge of continuous integration and configuration management tools and how to optimally deploy these in cloud
- Strong scripting and automation skills and experience (Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) including Agile Development Methodology
- Knowledge of containers / virtualization, such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Key competencies for this position include the following:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with clients, peers, and business/IT management both locally and remotely.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Willingness to learn, a can do attitude, and motivated to succeed and grow.
- Knowledge of at least one programming languages (e.g. Java, C/C++/C#)
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.