Private Wealth Management Asia, Business Unit Risk Management - Regulatory Risk - Manager / Senior Manager
Morgan Stanley has been serving ultra-high net worth individuals, corporates and asset owners in Asia for over 30 years. Leveraging strong connectivity to Morgan Stanley's renowned Investment Bank, Morgan Stanley Private Wealth Management Asia delivers the global resources, product expertise and personalized service needed to address the complex challenges of managing significant wealth:
Alternatives & Privates
Capital Markets Access
Cash Management Why Morgan Stanley?
Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS) is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities, wealth management and investment management services. With offices in more than 41 countries, our employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.
Building on over 30 years of delivering first-class business in a first-class way, Morgan Stanley helps Asia wealth management clients succeed by delivering the Firm's global reach, product leadership and investment expertise. To reinforce our commitment to the region, we have established Morgan Stanley Bank Asia Limited, a licensed bank in Hong Kong and a wholesale bank in Singapore, to conduct private wealth management business in Asia.
You'll find that the competitive compensation packages with benefits, the established career paths and our culture and values all make Morgan Stanley a great place to develop your career.
Morgan Stanley is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Learn more at: https://www.morganstanley.com/people-opportunities/eeo.
Morgan Stanley Private Wealth Management Asia provides highly customized financial advice, investment solutions and brokerage services to individuals, families and foundations.
As Morgan Stanley's premier service for individuals and families with significant means, we specialize in providing our clients with custom-tailored financial solutions and a level of sophistication and access to expertise and investments typically reserved for large corporations, financial institutions and governments.
The Business Unit Risk Management team operates within the Asia Private Wealth Management business as the first line of defense; is responsible for structuring and implementing the risk management framework.
Key Business Unit Risk Management responsibilities included in this role are:
- Well versed with the HKMA, MAS and SFC regulatory requirements across private wealth banking industry and products
- Analyse and track any new regulatory requirements, and review implication to business, propose control and enhancement as applicable
- Perform independent reviews and gap analysis of our business against regulators expectation and market incidents, to identify, assess and mitigate business related risks
- Work closely with various stakeholders, Legal & Compliance and other infrastructure teams regarding analyses and recommendation implementation
- Coordinate adhoc regulatory request and submission, handling external requests and internal stakeholders
- Facilitate regulatory inspections and advisory audits
- Support regulatory inquiries, internal audits and compliance testing for the wealth management business
- Assist in senior management reporting and committee meeting with regards to risk review statistics, status and softspots
- Identify and participate in process re-engineering projects to reduce the residual risks of the department and improve efficiency and effectiveness