Haven Technologies Asia is an insurTech SaaS provider that is building a suite of products that insurance carriers can leverage to provide a fully digital experience to their customers.
We combine the culture of a start-up with the stability and backing of a Fortune 100 company to create a unique, remote-first operating environment that focuses on outcomes, not outputs.
Our diverse team is composed of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in the heart of Hong Kong and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks.
If you're innovative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
The Product Team is responsible for delivering real value by designing and building products that our customers love. In this role you will partner with your fellow product team members, UX/UI designers, data scientists, software engineers, and QA specialists to:
- Guide & collaborate with clients (insurance carriers) and third party vendors to build unique, digital insurance operations solutions
- Evaluate effectiveness and viability of third party solutions for integration into our product offering
- Adopt an agile framework to define and prioritize work, outline acceptance criteria, adjust as needed, and continuously improve team performance
- Develop and maintain documentation outlining product features and requirements for both technology development and client usage
- Develop, maintain and evaluate progress against our product strategy and roadmap
- Participate in industry forums and conferences to gather industry intelligence and represent the company within the InsurTech eco-system
These are essential to success in this role:
- Entrepreneurial minded and driven self-starter
- Minimum 5 years of related experience
- Experience with policy administration and client service operational processes and procedures
- Experience with one or more of the following insurance products: life, health or retirement
- Experience working with a software development team
- Works collaboratively with others and effectively communicates analysis, solutions, limits, and options to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to balance multiple assignments effectively
- Ability to visualize high-level business processes & problems, perform detailed analysis, and break them down into discrete pieces of work
- Ability to clearly and concisely document and draw descriptions as needed using a standard office suite of tools (e.g. Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Comfortable expressing and defending points of view while respecting those of others
- English fluency is required with multilingual capabilities a plus
These skills are not required but are a plus:
- An understanding of the SaaS market and InsurTech landscape
- Experience with regulatory and compliance operational processes and procedures
- Experience with claims management and insurance agent processing
We pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and MPF with additional employer voluntary contributions.