Trading room application support specialist providing application support for SSGM trading and operations business lines. Provide active monitoring of trading, settlement and reporting applications. Work directly with business and application development teams in resolving application issues.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the following:
- Provide direct technical trading floor application support to our SSGM business partners
- Troubleshoot/analyze and triage application and trading issues
- Monitor application environment for issues
- Assist in the maintenance and deployments of trading applications
- Work in a 24x7 follow the sun model
- Ability to work and co-ordinate with multiple remote teams
- As a Subject Matter Experts on coordinating and supporting major vendor application such as WSS, Global One and Fidessa.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science/Information Systems
- At least 4 years of technical analyst role in a financial institution.
- Knowledge of Foreign Exchange/Equities/Securities Finance business process flows
- Ability to work independently and excellent problem-solving skills is a must
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks, work with schedules / resources while remaining focused on team goals
- Experience supporting large scale, 24/7, real time mission critical systems
- Passion to experiment and learn new Technologies e.g. exposure to Python and willing to be learn and be Expert in Python Technology for Creating Application Health Dashboards, Machine Learning Projects
- Deep level expertise in instrumentation, customization and usage of modern monitoring toolset such as Dynatrace and Geneos.
- Strong Knowledge of Unix /Bash scripting
- Good knowledge of Oracle, Sybase and MS SQL
- Working knowledge of Middleware (MQ Series, etc.), and J2EE applications
- Outstanding coding, debugging and analytical skills: Core problem solving skills, ability to analyze available data and potential solutions, eliminate possible solutions and select an optimal solution