Job description Some careers have more impact than others
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Digital Business Services is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. Digital Business Services combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Production Support
. Principal Responsibilities
- End to end responsibility for the monitoring, deployment, maintenance, investigation, escalation, and resolution of incidents, ensuring application environment are maintained and of sufficient quality, arranging discussions and updates as required
- Ensure that proper procedures and tooling are effectively used and followed throughout the incident support life cycle
- Ensure that new deployments are equipped with sufficient monitoring and operational procedures
- Running teleconferences or technical meetings for incident triage and resolution
- Work closely with the Incident Manager as and application owner to establish Root Cause. identifying and resolving issues and recovery
- Creation of agreed post-incident action plans with named actions and deadlines. Accountable for the Delivery of that plan
- Creation of pre-go live support procedures and ensure effectiveness of it
- Document post incident recovery steps to establish Root Cause, aid in Process improvements, identify deviations and to enable creation of a Knowledge Base
- Participating major incident recovery management process and associated procedures or systems
- Leading process efficiency improvements including automation, innovation and cutting-edge communication methods
- Develop and Maintain Runbooks and skills matrix around agreed Critical Systems for use in Incident Situations
- Reviewing changes to production system; providing relevant feedback to change owner to ensure the changes can be completed in order
- Maintaining the continual operation of production systems which will then include, but not limited to digital certificate renewal, system patches deployment, drills, fix vulnerabilities, clear audit items, contribute to regulators' requested work etc
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC. http://www.hsbc.com/careers
- Proven track record in a hands-on developer or application support role or team lead role
- Experienced in Java backend development, RDMBS usage, web application, public facing application
- Experienced in leading technical support teams across Asia Pacific
- Extensive problem solving and debugging skills with experience in supporting multi-tier infrastructures
- Strong technical competencies resulting from previous working experience at expert level within an IT operational or support environment
- Methodical approach to problem solving and attention to detail
- Proficient documentation skills i.e. able to fully document operational requirements, proposed solutions, processes and data flows effectively
- Effective time management skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously requiring experience with prioritizing tasks due to shifting priorities, fluctuating workloads, and deadline pressures
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.