Role Responsibilities Strategy
Processes Project Sahar Asia
- Accountable Executive leading the delivery of Project Sahar Asia - strategic supply partner procurement project for Property, with a 21 month programme, $535m contract value and a change programme impacting 50 countries for Asset Management and 21 countries for Workplace and Security Services.
- With Supply Chain Management co-lead the tender and selection process for Property Workplace and Security Services in Asia and Asset Management services globally.
- Chair of the Project Sahar Project Steering Group (PSG)
- Accountable to the Project Sponsor (Global Head, Change & Transformation) for:
- Keeping project aligned with Property and Supply Partnership strategy
- Focusing on realisation of project critical success factors and benefits
- Providing leadership on change management, culture and values
- Governing project risk
- Member of the Project Working Group (PWG) and providing direction to SME scrums.
- Act as the main SCB interface with the Supply Partner Account Lead.
- Provide the overall interface between SCB and the Supply Partner on supply partnership change management activities.
- Act as the main interface for Partnership creation and development between SCB and the Supply Partner.
- Provide 'championship' for the Supply Partnership Initiative, promoting the project throughout the organisation.
- Provide direction and guidance to the PWG and Workstream Leads as required
- Maintain effective and consistent communications within the Property function, particularly the MT, Regional / Cluster Heads of Property and Supply Partner Management Team.
- Steer stakeholder communications through cluster teams - overcoming obstacles as they arise.
- Align with Head of Change & Transformation in preparing communication for project initiative approval, potentially at PLC board level.
- Lead an RFP kick-off briefing session with key members of the Project team to:
- introduce governance processes;
- obtain key information relating to the project, current status, develop Roles and Responsibilities and objectives;
People and Talent
- Provide SME inputs to the design of the RFP evaluation process for preferred bidder
- Lead MSA negotiations with Supply Partner in collaboration with Supply Chain Management and Legal teams ensuring the business case is maintained intact and Bank protected.
- Lead a transition kick-off session with key members of the SCB project team and the Supply Partner transition team to launch the implementation phase governance structure, tools and processes.
- Sets the vision and goals for direct reports in alignment with the Groups People Manager responsibilities
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure Project Sahar is compliant to the Groups Third Party Risk Management Policy
- Ensure Project Sahar is compliant to the Groups Project Management Standards
- Ensure the initiative is audit ready and provide leadership for ensuring the process is clear and auditable.
- Senior point of escalation between Property and Supply partner. Lead escalated unresolved strategic resolution management for the partnership.
- Collaborate with key specialisms SCM, Legal, Compliance, GIS, HR and ensure the Bank's standards are upheld.
- Define the governance processes for the initiative, act as arbitrator as required and advise on decisions that may be beyond the authority of the Workstream Leads.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Project Sahar Asia to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matter
- Members of the Sahar Asia PGW
Our Ideal Candidate
- Cluster Heads of Property
- Global Head, Property
Preferred Qualifications (experience more important than qualifications):
- Real Estate, Building Services, Business, Procurement, related degree.
- CORENET MCR or equivalent Property related accreditations.
- Experience - Real Estate, Relationship Management or Supply Chain Snr position 10+ years
ROLE SPECIFIC TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
About Standard Chartered
- Real Estate Knowledge Advanced
- Procurement Expertise Expert
- Commercial Acumen Advanced
- Vendor Management Expert
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
Recruitment assessments -
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers