In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
* excluding partnerships https://careers.apac.bnpparibas/ Position Purpose
The role is responsible for supporting the Chief of Staff / Business Management activities, with a primary focus but not limited to the management and oversight of the project portfolios, for the CIB APAC COO organization (incl. ITO, CCCO, Finance and APAC Transformation). Direct reporting line to the Chief of Staff of CIB APAC COO. Key Responsibilities
- Programme Management
- Contribute to strategic and transversal initiatives within CIB APAC COO scope
- Lead and/or oversee/steer specific regional and global projects (on a case-by-case basis). Recent examples include IBOR Transition Programme, Rates Review, Regulatory Reporting, RefOG Redesign etc.
- Oversee the progress and governance of the Plan 2025 initiatives under CIB APAC COO scope, including but not limited to:
- Periodic review and tracking of progress and resolution of risks and issues
- Tracking of budget and savings vs. the original Plan
- Organisation of related regional governance, e.g. quarterly CIB APAC ITO Plan 2025 Steering Committee and TBA-ITO Filiere Governance Committee
- Support Chief of Staff to promote consistency, communication, alignment and optimization, especially within the Transformation Teams structure (e.g. APAC Transformation, DRIVE for GM, Projects & Change for GB etc.)
Contribution to other Business Management activities if and when necessary includes:
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
- Supporting the preparation and tracking of the annual budget and forecast exercise, with close collaboration / coordination within CIB APAC COO scope and Performance Management
- Coordinating / supporting the internal communication initiatives (e.g. Town Halls, COO APAC Days, Echonet, periodic Newsletters, new joiners onboarding etc.)
- Preparation / consolidation of Management presentations (e.g. meetings with Senior Management, Senior Executive visits to APAC etc.)
- Following up on the implementation of the initiatives identified from Pulse Surveys' results
- Supporting the Chief of Staff to drive consistency, alignment, optimization and communication within CIB APAC COO community
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong and demonstrated programme / project management skills, with experience in managing large-scale and complex portfolios
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Self-motivated, results driven, resourceful and independent with the ability to follow through
- Methodical, analytical and organized, with strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
- Flexible to address a wide variety of topics simultaneously and in a structured manner
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills, with ability to effectively influence and work with stakeholders at all levels and to cultivate positive working relationship across functions