Job description Some careers shine brighter than others
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Wealth and Personal Banking is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world’s largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Across Asia, where wealth pools are growing faster than in any other region, HSBC’s wealth revenues grew 12% in 2019 (year-on-year) to USD5.7 billion. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking, that best suit our customers’ needs.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Programmme Manager. Principal Responsibilities
The vision statement for Fraud Transformation is “To be the ASP’s primary change partner, support the implementation of the WPB Fraud Strategy and make change a source of sustainable competitive advantage for HSBC”
Programme Managers manage change through projects which are established to deliver a specific outcome, on time and on budget. The projects will typically have a clearly defined output, start and end date with a well-defined development/delivery path. Projects may be stand alone or part of a Programme It is expected that the Programme Manager will have many sub-projects to oversee and manage.
The Programme Manager role is distinct from the Project Manager role in the scale and importance of the projects they manage. They also have resource pool management responsibilities.
Programme Managers are required to lead the change initiative, take strategic decisions, operate at an executive level and manage stakeholder and sponsor relationships. Project governance must be established, including clear sponsorship, tollgates and steering committee. The jobholder will not be subject to close supervision, and will be expected to exercise independent initiative in proactively overcoming obstacles to success, dealing with uncertainty and changing circumstances, such as interdependencies, opportunities or risks. He / She will be expected to adopt an agile and flexible approach to work and an outstanding level of professionalism and conduct.
The role holder will operate within the usual authority limits for a Programme Manager.
- Plans effectively around delivery constraints and optimises the plan to maximise benefits and minimise risk. Develops the plan within constraints, considering the delivery approach, key milestones and dependencies within the plan, requirements and scope, effort and resources, budgets and quality
- Ensures the baselined scope, requirements, benefits, schedule and budget are managed as outlined in Change Framework. Identifies and intervenes where there is slippage and variance from plan
- Plans and analyses costs, tracking operating and capital spend, and tracks reporting to financial business case commitments
- Oversees the tracking of project/s risk/issues/dependencies assesses the impact on the benefit realisation for the project/s and takes action to minimise impact, actively challenging and removing obstacles
- Influences and collaborates with stakeholder and delivery partners to drive the right project outcomes. Represents the project team at discussions regarding project prioritisation and to create buy-in for risk mitigation and contingency plan
- Obtains sponsor and stakeholder buy in to plans, key commitments and changes against baseline as they arise
- Obtains sponsor and stakeholder sign-off for deliverables, formally closes project, assesses stakeholder satisfaction and captures feedback. Captures key learns from each project and feeds back into Global Transformation methodologies and best practice
- Articulates to stakeholders the targeted benefits and takes joint responsibility for benefits realisation
- Manages the sponsor, working with them to ensure project deliverables are met
- Plans and manages the implementation of the change, to ensure benefits are realised and that the transition from current state to target state is smooth. Ensuring that the organisation and other change audiences are ready, willing and able to function in the new business environment
- Works closely with delivery partners on planning, design and estimating, bringing together delivery partner teams; actively managing dependencies between these teams and other projects and programmes
- Sets the pace and operating rhythm, driving a culture of achievement and ensures pace by identifying and removing barriers to project success
- Promotes pace and energy within the team and leads by example
- Adopts Agile Ways of Working and coaches the team to align to Agile
- Excellent understanding of Global Transformation Change Frameworks, Agile Ways of Working methodologies and best practice techniques
- A thorough understanding of the purpose, values, culture and fundamentals of the HSBC Transformation
- Outstanding understanding of HSBC Group structures, processes and objectives
- Strong understanding of banking / HSBC and understanding of how change drives benefits for HSBC, its customers and other stakeholders
- Very strong knowledge of the Fraud external environment – regulatory, political, competitors etc
- Understanding of the delivery organisations within HSBC – global mindset, understanding of delivery partners etc
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC. http://www.hsbc.com/careers
- Proven ability to work across regions whilst maintaining a regional perspective
- Demonstration of commerciality with strong financial acumen
- Proven ability to work with senior stakeholders and business sponsors
- Evidence of ability to make key strategic decisions
- Delivery of large scale complex programmes at pace, developing high performing interchanging teams to support delivery at each stage
- Delivery using Agile methodologies
- Strong people and team management experience
- Proven implementation, change management and benefits realisation experience
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.