Project Manager - Digital Products Group - Firmwide Corporate Services - Hong Kong
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services Industry/Sector
Not Applicable Specialism
IFS - Information Technology (IT) Management Level
Manager Job Description & Summary
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You'll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth.
Our Information Technology Project Management team collaborates with PwC practice leaders to develop and deliver technology solutions. We provide project management oversight and collaborate with various project resources and vendors to ensure the appropriate methodology is followed, deliverable quality is high, and satisfaction is achieved. Simply put, you'll solve business problems using technology, work with multiple teams concurrently, and be able to take pride in end to end ownership of a project.
Job Description & Responsibilities
As the Project Manager, you will lead the delivery of the digital solution to external and internal clients. You will work closely with Client Stakeholders, Tech Leads, and internal subject matter specialists from prototype development, client feedback gathering, product launch and commercialisation. PwC is currently seeking individuals who are creative, passionate and motivated to build scalable, differentiated products that will make meaningful changes to clients' businesses.
Responsibilities would include the following:
- Lead the client and project management in the delivery stage with software development lifecycle including scope, resource planning, timeline and user communication to ensure timely and high quality delivery of services with optimal firm resource utilization
- Manage Business Analysts and development team to deliver application software solutions in line with IT strategy
- Work closely with and cultivate strong relationships with external and internal clients and end to deliver business solutions
- Lead product strategy, planning, roadmap and execution to deliver value proposition by defining product requirements, specifications, product timeline, pricing and go-to-market activities, balancing agile product iteration, costs and agile speed to market
- Drive information gathering on product concept & related business requirements from selected technical SME's.
- Work closely with development team, product managers, technical team, and business personnel to align business and technical requirements to deliver a marketable product
- Guide new business lead to present the software solution to stakeholders at various junctions on the product development timeline.
- Lead client presentation & evaluation sessions during development of the product
- Resolve risks and issues, communicate and coordinate changes related to product development initiatives & project management, escalate when necessary
Reporting structure & key relationships
The role will operate in a team of software product founders, business analysts, developers, tech leads, UX designers, marketers and sales specialists.
- Maintains strong working relationships with various internal digital teams
- Maintains strong working relationships with clients and team members.
- 5+ years of professional experience in project management, software development and solution delivery projects
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful technology product through agile lifecycle working with product team and development team
- Sound understanding of DevOps and CI/CD
- Experience in developing product strategies and effectively communicating recommendations to senior stakeholders
- Working knowledge of agile and scrum software development methodologies, agile product management tools (e.g. Jira) and knowledge in agile user story writing
- Experience in managing UI/UX development teams
- Experience in risk assurance and tax digital solutions
- Experience in delivering results for external clients
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work effectively with cross functional teams
- Excellent English and Mandarin written and spoken skills
Key personal attributes
- Proven success in leading small teams in challenging and collaborative environment
- Exceptional business acumen and practical knowledge to understand application of current and emerging technologies to deliver business change and realise defined benefits
- A driven and enthusiastic leader who constantly anticipates problems, seek new ways to fulfil customer needs and improve SaaS product and commercial results
- Proven track record in achieving significant outcomes through influence and persuasion of multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Creative problem solving with ability to deliver workable solutions/designs under tight timeframes with limited budgets
- Innate curiosity and openness to new ideas. Possess a strong passion for learning & understanding new and emerging technologies, techniques, tools, etc.
- Demonstrate commitment and leadership to the principles of the PwC experience
The PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau) does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau). PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau) is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under the local law. Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Not Specified Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
No Government Clearance Required?
No Job Posting End Date