As a Barclays Project Manager within the APAC Programme Execution and Services Office and your duties will include execution on regional prioritised strategic cross functional/ business and regulatory initiatives. These will include things such as business growth (Markets), mandatory regulatory change, or critical control implementations. You will also be responsible for supporting the assessment of the regulatory agenda across our APAC locations and providing recommendations for resulting business change options programme mobilisation and conformance.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. What will you be doing?
What we' re looking for:
- Identifying, planning and co-ordinating a set of projects or work streams within a programme of business change, to manage their interdependencies in support of specific objectives
- Planning, directing and co-ordinating activities across functional and business stakeholders from project scoping / initiation to final handover to operational BAU
- Working with key partners ( Legal, Compliance, Operations, Business, IT) to break down significant regulatory reform requirements as a basis for impact assessment activity
- Planning, scheduling, driving and reporting on activities related to the programme or project
- Leading the programme or project teams in determining business requirements and translating requirements into execution plans
- Determining, monitoring and reviewing all programme or project economics, including costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, resources and risk
- Working with a variety of stakeholders and sponsors to provide management reporting in a way that informs, highlights blockers for resolutions and ensure timely decisions
Where will you be working?
- Proficient written and spoken business Mandarin Chinese language skills
- Strong project execution experience gained in a Global Markets context and have extensive knowledge of the front-to-back environment
- Previous track record of project execution with demonstrable expertise in supporting cross functional / front-to-back, business change programmes.
- Experience of working in a regional/local matrix management environment
- Skills that will help you in the role:
- Formal external qualification/accreditation in project management methodology eg. Prince 2, PMP
- Consulting experience (with past experience with Financial Services clients) or similar role in a COO office (Investment Bank)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our offices are situated in the center of Hong Kong's financial district, at 2 Queen's Road. Cheung Kong Centre is an investment banking hub that offers panoramic views of Victoria Harbour and Kowloon Peninsula. There is a variety of local amenities and you will be just a short walk from shopping malls, health clubs and multiple transport links.