Eclipse Trading is one of Asia's leading proprietary derivatives trading firms, specialising in options market making. Technology is at the core of our business, and our trading expertise and strategies are deployed across several Asian markets. Founded in 2007, we have approximately 100 staff across our three office locations – Hong Kong (our HQ), Sydney and Shanghai.
The Frameworks team is responsible for the capture, analysis and distribution of data at Eclipse. We are building a number of technology stacks which empower our users by providing them with easy access to clean, well defined data in a simple, language independent way. This includes a Python framework to support trader automation and opportunity analysis.
- Improve and work within our Python development framework
- Partner closely with traders, quants and other development teams to improve our trading software
- Drive key projects from inception to analysis, design, implementation and delivery
- Provide training and Tier 3 support as needed
What you offer
- 3+ years of development experience in Python
- 5+ years of development experience in total - some experience using Java or C++ is ideal
- Ability to design, extend and maintain well-factored, efficient, production quality Python applications and libraries
- Focus on automated testing, code reviews and software engineering best practices
- Hands-on experience with concurrent programming in asyncio and test frameworks such as pytest/unittest.mock
- Prior experience with trading system design/development in any language and cloud platforms are highly desirable.
- University degree in Computer Science or related field
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
What we offer
- An attractive benefits package where your contribution is rewarded with competitive, performance-based remuneration
- A flat management structure, where everyone's voice is valued
- A collaborative work environment with motivated, intelligent and respectful colleagues
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
Due to the high number of responses that we receive, we are only able to respond to successful applicants.