Amber Group is a leader in digital asset trading, products and infrastructure. We work with companies ranging from token issuers, banks and fintech firms, to sports teams, game developers, brands and creators. Operating at the center of markets, we act as liquidity providers, miners and validators on all major exchanges, applications, and networks. Across all products and categories, we have turned over >$1T in volumes since inception. Our mission is to make our digital future a reality and shape it to be fair, inclusive, and kind.
Our people are both dreamers and doers - a self-driven, entrepreneurial community who are believers in the power of decentralized networks. We collaborate across teams and regions, promoting a culture that is open, transparent, respectful and inclusive.
- Institutional financial services, helping 1,000+ asset managers, hedge funds, corporates, and family offices invest in digital assets via API and our OTC desk.
- Consumer financial services with millions of customers investing in digital assets via our award-winning mobile app and web platforms.
- The emerging digital creator economy including gaming tokens, digital art, sports collectibles, and social tokens.
At Amber Group, you will have the opportunity to work with innovative and entrepreneurial people, solve meaningful problems, accept challenges, and become experts in frontier fields. We strive to take care of our people, providing competitive incentives, benefits and rewards.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the internal Quant Trading Team to build analytics and data-driven processes that automate and optimize derivatives trading quantitatively
- This includes: alpha research for volatility, optimal hedging for option portfolios, listed option algorithmic execution, derivatives market making, volatility analytics
- Design automatic trading strategies looking at Flow from the market. Dealing with Hedging solutions and risk across different counterparties and exchanges
- Deal with large data set to improve our strategies
- Build trading analytics and algorithmic trading strategies such as portfolio optimization, index arbitrage, statistical arbitrage and market making strategies (focusing on Digital Currency)
- Understands firm's policies on risk management
- Identify business opportunities and contribute to the entire lifecycle from idea generation to production: perform research, design prototype, implement analytics and strategies, monitor daily usage and analyze performance
- Support trading activity by investigating model and algorithm behavior (scenarios and post trade analysis, historical behavior)
- Devise hedging and trading strategies and build execution logic
- BS/MS/PhD degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science or other related field
- Proven success in a risk-taking role as a Trader or Portfolio Manager
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience, working with systematic proprietary ETF trading and/or market making strategies
- Experience in international and/or domestic equity ETFs (experience in Fixed income, FX or Commodity ETFs will also be considered)
- Strong understanding of how markets function
- Experience of automated pricing using a wide range of approaches
- Strong quantitative skills. Proficiency in Python or C++ would be an advantage
- Strong risk management skills
- Minimum level of Bachelor's degree within a STEM subject
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and under pressure
- Strong communication skills including good command of spoken and written English