As a Barclays Quauntitative Analyst, you will be part of a team that is responsible for developing, testing, implementing, and supporting all quantitative models used for valuation and risk management across all asset classes. The Quantitative Desk Strategists collaborate with their business partners to develop models and tools and perform analyses to help guide business decisions, manage risk, formulate and test quantitative strategies, and drive revenue generation.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. What will you be doing?
What we're looking for:
- Supporting growing team and to partnering with key stakeholders to drive the analytics agenda
- Designing, developing and improving models and analytics for Prime Services, particularly for Delta 1
- Liaising with Front Office and Technology, to deploy analytics in production
- You will be responsible for providing tactical analyses
- Ensuring all activities are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Masters or PhD in a quantitative field (Mathematics/Physics/Computer Science/Engineering)
- Working understanding of financing products (repo, margin loan, stock loan), linear equity derivatives (index futures, total return swaps on indices/custom baskets/single stocks)
- Extensive working understanding of Python and experience with C++
- Critical thinking, excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills
Where will you be working?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to explain complicated concepts in a simple, non-technical way
- Experience in equity/fixed income financing or Delta 1 is a differentiator
- Exposure to alpha signals is a plus
- Experience with data visualization tools and libraries (e.g. Jupyter, Bokeh)
Our offices are situated in the center of Hong Kong's financial district, at 2 Queen's Road. Cheung Kong Centre is an investment banking hub that offers panoramic views of Victoria Harbour and Kowloon Peninsula. There is a variety of local amenities and you will be just a short walk from shopping malls, health clubs and multiple transport links.