My client, a reputable hedge fund with global presence, is actively seeking a talented and motivated Quantitative Developer to join their quantitative research and trading team. As a Quantitative Developer, you will play a critical role in developing and maintaining the firm's proprietary trading systems, quantitative models, and infrastructure. You will collaborate closely with quantitative researchers, traders, and IT professionals to implement efficient, robust, and scalable software solutions for quantitative trading strategies.
- Quantitative System Development: Design, develop, and maintain software systems and tools to support the firm's quantitative research and trading activities. This includes implementing data processing pipelines, backtesting frameworks, risk management tools, and execution systems.
- Quantitative Model Implementation: Collaborate with quantitative researchers to translate mathematical models and trading strategies into production-quality code. Ensure accurate and efficient implementation of complex algorithms, risk models, and pricing models.
- Data Management and Integration: Extract, transform, and load (ETL) large and complex financial datasets from various sources. Develop data pipelines and workflows to enable efficient data integration, cleansing, and validation for quantitative analysis and trading systems.
- Performance Optimization: Identify and implement performance enhancements to improve the speed, scalability, and efficiency of the firm's trading systems. Conduct profiling, debugging, and optimization of code and algorithms to minimize latency and maximize system throughput.
- Risk Management and Control: Collaborate with risk management teams to develop tools and analytics for monitoring and managing trading risks. Implement risk models, stress testing frameworks, and scenario analysis tools to ensure compliance with risk limits and regulatory requirements.
- Collaboration and Communication: Work closely with quantitative researchers, traders, and IT professionals to understand their requirements and provide technical expertise. Communicate effectively with cross-functional teams to ensure smooth integration of software solutions into the trading infrastructure.
- Code Review and Documentation: Conduct code reviews to ensure adherence to best practices, coding standards, and quality guidelines. Document code, system architecture, and workflows to facilitate knowledge sharing and maintainability.
What you offer:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Quantitative Developer or in a similar role within the financial industry, preferably in a hedge fund or proprietary trading firm.
- Strong programming skills in languages such as Python, C++, or Java. Experience with numerical libraries (e.g., NumPy, SciPy) and data analysis frameworks (e.g., pandas) is desirable. Knowledge of MATLAB, R, or other statistical programming languages is a plus.
- Solid understanding of quantitative finance concepts, including statistical analysis, option pricing, portfolio optimization, and risk management.
- Proficiency in working with large financial datasets, time series analysis, and data manipulation techniques. Experience with SQL, NoSQL databases, and distributed computing frameworks (e.g., Spark) is beneficial.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to debug complex issues and optimize performance-critical code.
- Knowledge of trading systems, order management systems (OMS), and electronic trading protocols (e.g., FIX) is advantageous.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Competitive remuneration (base + bonus)
- Opportunity to join one of the most reputable hedge funds globally
- Brand name will open doors for your career and also provide you internal mobility for the future
If this opportunity interests you, please send your CV (word format) to email@example.com