The Senior Business Advisor is responsible for providing regulatory advice to relevant business and/or infrastructure areas and typically has regional coverage. The Senior Business Advisor supports the specific business/infrastructure area in accordance with respective processes and evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls relating to risks within those areas. They focus on all non-financial risk categories of the stakeholders and have a deep knowledge of their coverage areas. Where this role has people management responsibilities the Senior Business Advisor applies the correct risk monitoring tools (financial and non-financial) to establish stronger governance across the team.
Details of the Division and Team:
The Compliance Department seeks to protect the Bank’s licenses to operate by promoting and enforcing adherence with laws, regulations, rules, expectations of regulators, the standards of self-regulatory organizations, and codes of conduct / ethics in connection with the Bank’s regulated activities. Compliance also take a leading role in driving a culture of compliance and ethical conduct in the Bank.
This role is within the IPB Compliance advisory team and covers a wide array of Compliance responsibilities including advice, advocacy, product/service review and approval, marketing materials review, training, surveillance and monitoring of controls as part of our comprehensive programme for ensuring compliance with Hong Kong laws and regulations as well as the global, regional and local standards, policies and procedures of Deutsche Bank, with the ultimate aim of protecting the interests of our clients and the integrity and reputation of Deutsche Bank.
You can expect:
- Competitive Salary and non-contributory pension
- 20 days annual leave plus generous number of public holidays
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including retail discounts, gym benefits, wellbeing incentives
- The opportunity to support a wide ranging CSR program plus take volunteering leave days
Your key responsibilities:
- Advise and support the coverage, products, projects (e.g. E-banking) and general business activities of IPB Hong Kong businesses on applicable laws and regulations;
- Review and assess new and updated circulars/regulations/regulatory requirements and other regulatory developments that impact WM and ensure regulatory adherence or implementation are completed;
- Ensure global and local Compliance policies and procedures are reviewed and updated on a timely basis, incorporating regulatory changes and industry best practice.
- Ensure full cooperation with regulators; timely resolution of regulatory or internal investigations, surveys, questionnaires and enquiries, communicating the results to our regulators in conjunction with Hong Kong Country Compliance team as necessary.
- Escalate timely issues and provide regular Management Information to Senior Management of Compliance;
- Advise business to establish adequate level 1 controls and conduct effective level 2 global and local compliance monitoring program including cross-border activity, suitability and other areas, as required;
- Conduct regular compliance risk assessments, considering an array of contextual data including regulation, policies, procedures, controls, training and governance structures, escalating and assisting in the remediation of any identified gaps;
- Develop and deliver face-to-face Compliance training;
- Develop relationships with relevant Infrastructure functions that support the WM business and maintain the partnership between business line Compliance and other Compliance, and Anti-Financial crime functions;
- Lead or assist in the execution of Compliance project work; participate in any appropriate regional and/or global compliance calls; support/assist senior management of IPB Compliance APAC as and when needed.
Your skills and experience:
- University graduated with a minimum of 5 years Compliance experience within a financial institution and/or regulator;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain trusting relationships with other members of the team, as well as other control functions and the business (including senior management);
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with unquestionable integrity. A strong sense of accountability and be ready to take up challenging responsibilities, and at the same time a good team player;
- Attention to detail, efficient and strong organisational skills;
- Actively support the business strategy, plans and values, contributing to the achievement of a high performance culture. Takes ownership for own career management, seeking opportunities for continuous development of personal capability and improved performance contribution.
How we’ll support you:
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
- Training and development to help you excel in your career