The Senior Business Advisor is responsible for providing regulatory advice to relevant business and/or infrastructure areas and typically has regional coverage. The Senior Business Advisor supports the specific business/infrastructure area in accordance with respective processes and evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls relating to risks within those areas. They focus on all non-financial risk categories of the stakeholders and have a deep knowledge of their coverage areas. Where this role has people management responsibilities the Senior Business Advisor applies the correct risk monitoring tools (financial and non-financial) to establish stronger governance across the team.
JD with hiring manager
Additional Job Description
Details of the Division and Team:
The Compliance Department seeks to protect the Bank’s licenses to operate by promoting and enforcing adherence with laws, regulations, rules, expectations of regulators, the standards of self-regulatory organizations, and codes of conduct / ethics in connection with the Bank’s regulated activities. Compliance also take a leading role in driving a culture of compliance and ethical conduct in the Bank.
The Origination & Advisory and Capital Markets Compliance APAC (formerly called “Corporate Finance Compliance APAC”) has, as its primary role, responsibility for supporting the whole Origination & Advisory Business and Capital Markets Business (‘CF’) in APAC including Hong Kong, China, Singapore, South East Asia countries, Japan and India and operations to comply with applicable rules, regulations, guidelines and industry best practices. Joining Origination & Advisory and Capital Markets Compliance APAC offers candidates an opportunity to work on capital markets and advisory transactions while developing a comprehensive understanding of Deutsche Bank’s global and regional Corporate Finance business. Hong Kong is the hub for CF in APAC, the CF Compliance APAC in HK is the central team who works very closely with CF APAC to build and maintain control mechanisms and design and drive the implementation of the processes and procedures for the whole CF APAC in order to ensure consistency globally and regionally. We are looking to hire a candidate with previous financial services industry experience based in Hong Kong to assist with Asia Pacific Corporate Finance compliance coverage. The candidate should be a self-starter with excellent communication skills who enjoy interacting with business and other stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
Your key responsibilities:
- Provide compliance and regulatory advice to Origination & Advisory and Capital Markets (together ‘Corporate Finance’) on transactions and general matters on a daily basis.
- Evaluate compliance with relevant rules and regulations, issue identification, assessing the impact of regulatory change and working with the businesses to build and maintain control mechanisms to be in compliance with relevant laws and regulations in order to protect the reputation of the Bank
- Assess the businesses’ process, new initiatives and new product and/or transaction approvals from a regulatory perspective. Design and drive implementation of necessary process and procedures in response to changes to regulations and Bank’s policies.
- Work closely with Compliance senior management and the businesses to manage potential compliance and reputational risks
- Represent Compliance in attending internal meetings of Corporate Finance
- Perform compliance review and monitoring of businesses’ activities and controls, document findings, breaches and weaknesses and drive execution of remediation actions, if any
- Coordinate with and work closely with other Compliance teams regionally and globally, Legal and Business Manager and Control Team.
- Maintain a strong compliance culture within the business through regular interaction with the Corporate Finance. Develop and deliver Compliance training to the Business
- Be actively involved in regional and/or global initiatives and projects, as required.
- Assist in handling regulatory enquiries, investigations and management of regulatory inspections as they each relate to the Corporate Finance business and coordinate respond with other departments in the Bank
Your skills and experience:
- University graduated with at least 8 years of working experience in the banking industry with exposure to debt and equity capital markets. Working experience in Compliance or with regulators is an advantage
- Good product knowledge and know-how of corporate finance business and products
- Knowledge of banking rules and regulations, and familiar with the global banking practices and regulatory environment is an advantage
- Strong communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with ability to build good relationship with different business and infrastructure departments and at various level of seniority
- Organized and quick learner with sound judgment
- Ability to work independently and with a strong sense of teamwork across all levels, functions and geographical locations
- Supervisory experience is an advantage
Role is required to be performed primarily on-site at the International Commerce Centre. Relevant health and safety requirements including your vaccination status apply.