The Legal Counsel will provide legal guidance and counsel to managers and teams within the business on a wide range of legal topics. Legal Counsel rely on both generalist legal knowledge and specialist knowledge of specific functional and product-related activities, to support areas such as contract law, documentation, mergers, acquisitions, corporate, insolvency, real estate, employment, intellectual property, litigation, policy and regulatory topics. Legal Counsel will typically provide coverage for a specific team within a division / location and have responsibility for advising in their functional area of expertise on current or future requirements.
Additional Job Description
Details of the Division and Team:
About Deutsche Bank
We are committed to being the best financial services provider in the world, balancing passion with precision to deliver superior solutions for our clients.
This is made possible by our people: agile minds, able to see beyond the obvious and act effectively in an ever-changing global business landscape.
As you will discover, our culture supports this. Diverse, international and shaped by a variety of different perspectives, we are driven by a shared sense of purpose.
At every level agile thinking is nurtured. And at every level agile minds are rewarded with competitive pay, support and opportunities to excel.
Working to protect the bank against legal and reputational risks, the expertise of Deutsche Bank's progressive, international Legal team spans diverse legislative and regulatory environments.
From complex business transactions to litigation and regulatory matters and the analysis of financial products and services, we support and advise all Deutsche Bank businesses and their interactions with clients.
There is a results-oriented culture throughout the global team, with a strong focus on continuous professional, personal and managerial development.
The full-time hire will join the Litigation and Regulatory Enforcement (LRE) team in Asia, which is responsible for managing the Bank’s litigation and contentious regulatory matters in the region.
This role will be based in Hong Kong or Singapore.
What we will offer you
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace.
That’s why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its center.
You can expect:
- Competitive Salary and non-contributory pension
- 20 days annual leave plus generous number of public holidays
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including retail discounts, gym benefits, wellbeing incentives
- The opportunity to support a wide ranging CSR program plus take volunteering leave days
Your key responsibilities :
- Providing legal and regulatory advice to all business divisions and infrastructure groups of DB across Asia Pacific on litigation matters, regulatory investigations/inquiries, internal investigations, employee disputes and any other matters involving contentious issues.
- Providing regulatory and compliance advice to all business divisions and infrastructure groups of DB across Asia Pacific on non-contentious matters.
- Providing legal and regulatory advice on any other ad-hoc projects.
Your skills and experience
- Law degree from a reputable university and qualified lawyer in a relevant jurisdiction.
- AVP level: PQE of 4 to 6 years.
- VP level: PQE of 5 to 8 years.
- At least 2 years’ PQE in a bank or law firm with experience advising on commercial or financial litigation; regulatory/internal investigations/inquiries; matters involving financial/corporate crime, compliance and other regulatory issues.
- Flexibility to work across different jurisdictions in the Asia Pacific region and provide advisory services to different business, infrastructure divisions and senior DB stakeholders in the region.
- Must be a team player with an ability to work independently.
Role is required to be performed primarily on-site at the International Commerce Centre. Relevant health and safety requirements apply.
How we’ll support you
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
- Training and development to help you excel in your career