Regional Fraud and Information Security Officer - Banking Operations Hong Kong
Part of GBSU (Global Business Service Unit), the candidate will join the DCS team in charge of Data and Cyber Security aligned to regional Société Générale GBIS (Global Banking and Investors Solutions) Business Unit. This role acts as a subject matter expert on Data Protection and Cyber Security in the regional team managing Cybercrime, Application Security, Identity & Access Management, Technical surveillance and response to Security Incidents. The candidate will be required to:
- Manage regional investigations, by executing sensitive enquiries relating to information security breaches (and fraud when required) in the Asia region. This will involve working across various stakeholder groups, including law enforcement. It will also include managing the Bank's Cyber Attack response protocol and following up on other suspicious activity generated by the Bank's detection systems.
- Manage the Bank's suite of detection programs and dashboards. On a day to day basis, this will include tracking of alerts generated, as well as challenging responses made by the business lines. On a strategic front, it will involve identifying and managing enhancements to the existing programs in place. This would include scope expansions, regulatory change requests and rules modifications.
- Actively participate (and where required, provide leadership) in related projects.
- Provide support, where necessary on other information security related topics, relating to regulatory risk assessments, critical application reviews, user access recertification, awareness training and local audit matters.
- This role will require animating peer groups including IT Security, Human Resources, Legal, Compliance, Audit and the Business representatives. The candidate will have as well to align with global Data and Cyber Security teams to ensure consistency across the organization. Where required, the candidate will assist in senior management meetings and communications.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities Profile
Key Skill Areas & Knowledge Required
- Investigation and forensic skills
- Overall understanding of I.T. infrastructure and I.T. applicative framework architectures
- Strong background of Information System Security and ability to understand complex issues quickly and set priorities according to technical as well as strategic considerations
- Project Management skills in complex matrix organizations
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform trainings to regional staff in order to reinforce the information security awareness
- Ability to write comprehensive and easy to understand incident reports destined to management, 2nd line and 3rd line of defence as well as regulatory bodies.
- Strong influencing skills to senior management up to and including MD level
- Sense of service; result orientated; reactivity; Innovative and bringing new ideas to improve processes
Société Générale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve Corporates, Financial Institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
At Société Générale we have developed - and continue to develop - advanced programs to support your career development. A diverse and comprehensive Learning & Development program, a Junior program for graduates and a Remuneration policy that stimulates your growth are just a few examples that illustrate how we help you to fulfil yourself personally and professionally, and how we develop your ability to adapt to ever-changing environments and transform challenges into opportunities.
Job code: 19000LYO
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: 25/08/2019
Date of publication: 07/08/2019