Regional Head of Facilities - APAC
Bloomberg's Workplace Operations and Supply Chain business is a global organization that provides the enterprise with the best and most resilient support. Each of the functions in Workplace Operations & Supply Chain uniquely contributes to the employee experience and collectively supports 21,000 employees in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world. The group enables the company to achieve our commercial & product development goals, provide outstanding service to our clients and fosters collaboration amongst colleagues and clients. Our strategies of improving employee experience with operational excellence drives the pursuit of our vision.
For our Facilities group within the Workplace Operations & Supply Chain business, we are looking for an experienced leader as the Regional Head of Facilities - APAC based in Hong Kong. This role will be a key member of the leadership team that will lead all aspects of regional facilities operations and deliver first-class workplaces that stimulate the productivity, engagement, and collaboration that Bloomberg is known for. Our Facilities group provides domain expertise around managing our workplaces across the region and drives all our building operations. The team also partners very closely with our Global Real Estate and Capital Projects groups to drive enhancements within our facilities. Our Facility Site Managers maintain an intimate understanding of the employee needs within their respective offices and execute on a global facilities strategy while incorporating local nuances. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Drive business impact by challenging the status quo around existing facilities management and building operations practices and being the change agent for our goal of enhancing the employee experience.
- Drive organizational design for the department and have a continued focus on developing a strong, diverse, and robust team.
- Plan for future organizational needs through identification and preparation of successors and creating career opportunities.
- Oversee Bloomberg's regional IFM contracts working closely with our Procurement partners on scope of work, vendor selection, contract negotiation; contract management; providing hands-on governance across our vendor environments; reviewing and monitoring process needs and deliverables.
- Develop and manage regional budgets, track and monitor expenditures while conducting business analysis and reporting of financial data, working closely with the CFO team.
- Provide regional oversight of Bloomberg's office spaces to ensure consistency.
- Develop strategic site space plans to support internal desk moves, maximize space planning, drive diversity and inclusion, and contribute to the enterprise sustainable operations strategy.
- Work with our incident management and business continuity teams on developing and implementing disaster recovery plans.
- Maintain relationships with existing vendors and identify and develop potential partners, drive industry innovation, best practices etc.
- Be the escalation point for senior leaders in the region and remove impediments.
- Bring insights into the business by developing a strong network and credibility internally as well as externally within the industry
- Closely collaborate with key internal teams (e.g. Workplace Design, Capital Projects and Sustainability) on regional office builds, from the creation of operational requirements through move-in to final operation.
- Adopt the Agile / Scrum framework and its methodologies to deliver continuous improvements and complex solutions across the business.
We'd Love to See:
- An innovator comfortable with the delicate balance of bold visioning, intelligent strategy, and sophisticated execution.
- An adaptable problem-solver who seeks to make things better and more efficient and isn't afraid to make bold decisions in ambiguity.
- A hands-on leader who builds transparency, values collaboration and holds self and team accountable.
If this sounds like you:
- At least 10+ years of relevant Facilities Management experience with at least 5 years operating at a Director (or similar) level of leadership experience managing senior teams.
- Excellent communication skills by way of clearly articulating desired outcomes, success measures, and simplifying complex strategy to facilitate focused execution.
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills with an innate ability to build positive relationships and influence across functions within a large organization.
- Strong leadership presence and experience collaborating with Procurement, Capital Projects, and Design teams.
- Experience in creating a collaborative team culture by demonstrating inclusive leadership, seeking out diverse points of view and supporting the execution of new ideas.
- An understanding of the various businesses within Bloomberg and their employee experience needs within the context of our facilities.
- Demonstrated experience in using business intelligence to make informed, fact-based decisions.
- Relevant experience as an operational manager with space management as well as front of house hospitality
- Led through change management and organizational transformation efforts
Apply - if we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.