The client is a global B2B payment solutions, headquartered in Europe - subsidiary of one of the largest airlines.
Manage the payment institution obligations (compliance of local licenses and its duties) with local APAC regulators, ensuring all regulatory returns and responses to regulatory requests are accurate, complete and submitted on time
* Advisory role concerning regulatory compliance matters
* Identifies potential areas of regulatory compliance gaps, develops and implements action plans to mitigate risks and provides general guidance;
* Steers and prepares meetings with local supervisory authorities, participates in any regulatory compliance projects;
* Participate in legal and compliance projects and act as key interface between the market and the organization, assisting with developing and implementing regulatory policy, e.g. as part of product launches;
* Collaborates with other departments to manage various compliance and related issues to appropriate channels for further analysis, investigation and solution-finding;
* Support internal and external audit reviews
* Responsible contact for local data protection matters (coordinator);
* Supports managing and executing effective Anti-Money Laundering policies within the local market(s)
* Local bridge-head of the global legal & compliance organization
Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in a similar position or relevant field, with experience in compliance, regulatory, AML and internal control
* A degree (prefer master degree) in business administration / law or similar
* Experience within the corporate payments and cards industries of advantage
* An ability to apply regulatory knowledge (identification and analysis of regulatory risks) to support the achievement of business objectives
* Strong commercial acumen
* The ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
* Highly organized and efficient with ability meet tight deadlines
* Entrepreneurial and hands-on mindset
* Team player in a virtual, international team with a strong work ethic that takes ownership of assigned duties, being self motivated and proactive
* Sound judgment - capable of developing independent opinions and defending own view
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Vania Lidvinaon +852 2848 4792.
Since our start as a two-man operation in London in 1976, Michael Page has grown and expanded globally. Now, after more than 40 years in the recruitment market, we have secured our position as leaders in international recruitment and hiring. We currently have 140 offices that create a network that spans 36 countries around the world, with strong opportunities for more growth within Asia Pacific.
We opened our first office in Asia in 1994, and have developed our presence into many of the main business hubs in the region since then. Our team in Asia has global connections, regional knowledge and local market experience; ideally positioning us to partner with multinational blue-chip companies and local firms alike, and with today’s global professionals.
Over time, our founding mission has remained unchanged: to bring the world’s best companies and brightest professionals together, helping each side reach their maximum potential and capabilities. We offer a unique, consultative approach to recruitment, tailoring every solution to specific requirements and offering long-term support.
Through experience, growth and consistently high standards, we have become one of the most recognised and respected recruitment brands in the world.