Through the establishment of effective 2LOD monitoring framework and plan, ensure the Bank is conducting its business activities in compliance with regulatory requirements and expectations. Assessment would include the effectiveness of 1.5LOD monitoring activities.
- Investment suitability & sales process
- Fees and pricing disclosure
- Best execution
- Cross border
- Market abuse
- Conflict of interests (G&E, PA Dealing etc)
- Licensing and staff conduct
- Specific regulatory requirements
Duties & Responsibility
- Perform annual risk assessment to identify key risk areas that need to be monitored.
Compliance Monitoring and Testing
- Formulate yearly and thematic compliance monitoring and testing plan based on risk assessment results, regulatory horizon scanning, and discussion with key stakeholders.
- Execute compliance monitoring and testing plan, including conduct of thematic review as necessary.
- Report results to senior management &/or relevant committees.
- Track for timely resolution of issues identified during compliance monitoring and testing activities, which should also focus on root cause/key controls as opposed to just remediating specific samples.
- Maintain the compliance monitoring and testing framework, including Directive.
- Track for timely resolution of audit/inspection/external review findings that are owned by Compliance.
- Report status of resolution to Head of Compliance and relevant committees.
- Degree holder.
- At least 15 years relevant experience in compliance function within a wealth management/private banks, with at least 8 years in Compliance Monitoring roles or equivalent.
- Candidates with less experience will be considered for VP position
- Strong product knowledge
- Strong knowledge of Singapore and Hong Kong regulations
- Good communication and writing skills in English.
- Possess initiative and is able to work independently.
- Able to handle stress and has excellent time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a good team player.
- Strong analytical and evaluative skills and attention to details.
- Good computer skills in MS Excel, Word & Powerpoint
- Team player
If you are interested in finding out more about this career opportunity, please email your resume to Nestor Roldan, nestor.roldan@ charterhouse.com.hk Web: www.charterhouse.com.hk
Charterhouse Partnership Hong Kong is here to assist you in your job search. Our experienced recruitment consultants will provide you career advise and assist you in develop a tailored job search strategy