The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
The role will require the individual to lead and manage a team of onsite recruitment onboarding specialists to support the execution of candidate onboarding for all businesses and functions within Hong Kong. The support team will collaborate with the Recruitment team, Stakeholders, and relevant parties to ensure smooth onboarding experience of the candidate joining Standard Chartered HK while ensuring that we follow the Bank's standards and practices. Strategy
- As the Resourcing Support Lead HK, the role holder is expected to promote a culture of openness, trust, and risk awareness. She/he will manage the execution and collaboration of end-to-end onboarding process and ensure that the candidate due diligence is performed according to Group policies and standards on candidate new/internal hires and onboarding requirements.
- Responsible for efficiently and effectively completing all resourcing administration processes for new hires, including system updating, offer letter and addendum preparation, pre-employment verification check co-ordination with external vendors, processing recruitment expense, and HKMA relevant individual registration.
People & Talent
- Review the onboarding control monitoring checks as part of the pre-onboarding formalities to mitigate any potential compliance breach.
- Regular reviews and updates of onboarding policies, and application of best practices where required.
- Manage the New Joiners Welcome pack and process employment paperwork inventory.
- Ensure P-File completion status and PS records are accurate.
- Manage and ensuring Master Onboarding tracker details is updated.
- Make sure GSSP of candidates is cleared under 'good to onboard' status prior to their joining date.
- Ensure good engagement model between Resourcing, GSSP team, FADV, Onboarding team, business stakeholders, and new joiners is achieved.
- Ensure team adherence of all mandatory risk and compliance training.
- Be a role model and provide the necessary guidance, support, needed to uplift the team spirit and performance.
- Build a high performing team by encouraging an open communication and building trust.
- Checker role to validate the PFILE documentation.
- Simplify the documentations process by eliminating the duplicate documents.
- Identify and escalate to Resourcing Head/Lead & Resourcing Specialist for non-adherence.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure that the candidate due diligence is performed according to Group policies and standards on candidate new/internal hires and onboarding requirements.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct .
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Resourcing Support HK team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
About Standard Chartered
- Resourcing team
- GSSP team
- External screening vendor FADV
- Onboarding team
- Business stakeholders
- New joiners
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers