Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Risk and Compliance Division - Retail Portfolio Management Department
Hang Seng's Risk Division strives to maintain a well-balanced risk profile for the Bank while enabling businesses to thrive. Our team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types. We are dedicated to collaborate with businesses, other functional units and regulatory bodies to develop and implement robust and customized risk management frameworks and measures to maintain the strong market position of the Bank.
Unsecured Lending Risk supports businesses to achieve the optimal profits within the Bank's risk appetite by reviewing and monitoring the unsecured retail credit portfolio through policies, procedures, systems, predictive models, and effective problem loans management.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Retail Credit Risk Manager
. Principal responsibilities
- Assist in the formulation and revision of credit policies for unsecured lending products
- Liaise with business units in developing credit criteria for new business initiatives
- Familiar with internal and regulatory guidelines and ensure compliance in policies formulation and execution.
- Participant in business/credit projects to mitigate credit risk of credit portfolios. Oversee various decision engines for consistent policy execution and operation efficiency.
- Conduct quantitative analysis to review asset quality and perform various risk studies for unsecured lending products
- Conduct timely review on fraud and loss cases and formulate control measures to mitigate evolving risk.
- Keep abreast of the latest development of credit management, maintain alertness to cope with market environment changes.
- University degree in Risk Management, Statistics, Mathematics or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years' banking experience, preferably with knowledge of retail lending business.
- Have knowledge of data analysis using programming tools such as Python, SAS, Tableau, MS Access / Excel an advantage
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and time management skills
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese
If you would like to explore other opportunities at Hang Seng Hong Kong, please visit www.hangseng.com/careers/ for details.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.