Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Risk and Compliance - Retail Risk Analytics Department
Hang Seng's Risk and Compliance ("RKM") strives to maintain a well-balanced risk profile for the Bank while enabling businesses to thrive. Our team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types. We are dedicated to collaborate with businesses, other functional units and regulatory bodies to develop and implement robust and customized risk management frameworks and measures to maintain the strong market position of the Bank.
Retail Risk Analytics - actively manages a varied and dynamic range of credit risk types via developing and implementing credit risk models for provisioning, stress testing and regulatory capital; execution of an effective non-financial risk (i.e. model risk) and internal control framework and coordinating with Business and Finance on various matters relating to capital management and business decision of the Bank.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Retail Risk Analytics Manager. Principal responsibilities
- Support the team on development, review and implementation of IFRS9 models and tools for the Retail portfolios to ensure compliance with the Group requirements and Account standards.
- Drive the model governance on reviewing the retail model development and monitoring methodology, follow up with the HSBC and HASE Group's and regulators' model governance standards; prepare the related model documentation for the independent review
- Support the provision and risk management in relation to retail portfolio management so as to achieve optimal accounting standards and better risk management capability.
- Assist the implementation of retail credit system and model deployment
- Work with HASE, Finance, IT, business units, regional and global teams to ensure requisite support on IFRS9 implementation
- Prepare the model monitoring and perform the independent model validation and review
- Review the team on performing user acceptance tests, as well as documenting the work procedures of related processes.
- University degree in Statistics, Economics, Management Sciences or a related discipline
- Proficiency in data analyses using statistical or programming tools such as SAS, Excel and SQL is a must
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in credit risk management or related with sound knowledge of risk analytics and regulatory requirements is preferred
- Excellent communication, analytical, project management and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to meet tight deadlines and make decisions independently
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
Candidates with less relevant experience will be considered for the position of Assistant Retail Risk Analytics Manager.
If you would like to explore other opportunities at Hang Seng Hong Kong, please visit www.hangseng.com/careers/ for details.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.