About the Role
The technical consultant role is within APAC’s Professional Services unit. The overarching objective of Professional Services is to successfully deliver quality and cost effective professional services to our clients. This means, supporting the implementation of the organisation’s Compliance reporting solutions effectively and efficiently at customer sites.
All Professional Services Consultants are expected to successfully implement the organisation’s Compliance solutions in the APAC Region. Specifically, Consultants are required to support/complete the tasks outlined below.
· Facilitate Project Initiation workshops
· Identify data sourcing requirements and data requirements
· Conduct data gap analyses
· Conduct interface mapping
· Create technical documents as required
· Conduct technical training
· Understand functional specifications to ensure design and development of technical solutions
· Create (code) program units as per given specifications
· Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design testing plans. Execute unit testing of developed programs
· Support System Integration Testing (issue analysis and resolution)
· Support regression testing and User Acceptance Testing (issue analysis and resolution)
· Ensure effective client engagement and management
· Adhere to the company’s project management and governance framework – specifically, monitor and track project milestones and deliverables; identify and manage issues and action items; create and maintain project status reports for project leads for incorporation into larger project status reports; proactively identify and mitigate potential project risks; and escalate issues where appropriate.
· Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
· 5+ years’ overall experience. Minimum one end-to-end implementation of Banking Solution in the capacity of a technical consultant
· Demonstrated strong programming skills (PL/SQL, SQL, Java/any other programming Language)
· Demonstrated RDBMS experience (Oracle, SQL Server)
· Good Understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC)
· Experience in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence (DW/BI) project implementations
· Good understanding of On-line Transaction Processing (OLTP) systems (Core Banking, Treasury Systems etc.)
· Good understanding of BI and Reporting Systems
· Good understanding of Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) Development
· Demonstrated experience in customer facing roles
· Fluency in English, written and oral
· Experience in banking finance and accounting, IAS/IFRS
· Fluency in other Asian languages (Indonesian, Malay, Thai)
· Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
· Excellent client management and engagement skills
· Responsible, methodical and organised
· High level of integrity and takes accountability
· Assertive, being able to make expert decisions based on personal judgement
· Ability to work independently while also being a good team player
· Ability to work in a cross cultural environment
· Full availability to travel within the Asia Pacific area
About the Company
Wolters Kluwer (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. Wolters Kluwer reported 2020 annual revenues of €4.6 billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,200 people worldwide.
Governance, Risk & Compliance is a division of Wolters Kluwer, which provides legal and banking professionals with solutions to help ensure compliance with ever-changing regulatory and legal obligations, manage risk, increase efficiency, and produce better business outcomes. Wolters Kluwer’s Financial Service business, which is part of the company’s Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) division, is a global market leader in the provision of integrated regulatory compliance and reporting solutions. These solutions support regulated financial institutions in meeting their obligations to external regulators and their own boards of directors.