• Establish, formulate and review all relevant risk management policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the local regulators and to be in line with Head Office.
• Coordinate and collaborate with the relevant teams in the Risk Management Department in HK Branch and SG Head Office (e.g. Credit risk, Market risk, Operational and Business risk) on consistency/alignment of policies and standards.
• Assess the impacts from regulatory requirements and market changes and conduct review of relevant risk management policies and systems.
• Work with risk managers, business partners and other stakeholders to ensure completeness of risk policies/ procedures that applied locally to HK.
• Review and update the risk credit policies and procedures whenever there are any regulatory changes so as to ensure their accuracy, relevancy and practicality; and continuous monitoring to ensure ease of use and compliance.
• Lead or participate into HK branch projects / initiatives
• Provide advice as subject matter expertise to identify, analyze and mitigate dependencies, risks and issues
• Develop work plans and ensure clear deliverables and implementation
• Implement the change control processes to manage internal and external scope changes and impacts
• Collect market information and make reference to industry practice
• Collaborate and work with all business partners
• Perform process reengineering / reviews of processes to improve efficiency / productivity and customer experience
• Escalate and report to Head of Risk Management and/or all relevant committees
• Act as Operational Risk Partner for the Risk Management Team
• Good and relevant University degree, preferably in Risk Management, Banking and Finance, Economics, Law or relevant discipline or Professional qualification in ACCA / HKICPA / CFA / FRM / PRM
• At least 8-10 years of relevant working experience in Risk Management or Compliance or Consultancy in banking industry preferably in the private banking
• Holistic view and industry knowledge on banking operations would be advantageous
• Good knowledge of regulatory requirements that applied to Risk Management
• Good at writing of policies and procedures
• Matured with skill/judgment to deal effectively with senior managers
• Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with other departments
• Strong presentation and communication (verbal and written) skills
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Open minded and willing to learn
• Independent, committed, proactive, detail-oriented and responsible working attitude
• Able to work multi-tasking in a competitive environment and under pressure