As a Risk Specialist and the Manager in Charge (MIC) at Deriv (HK), you will play a critical leadership role in risk management by leading the team in identifying, assessing, monitoring, and reporting on SFC Type 3 regulated activity. Our diverse range of products and services, offered on multiple trading platforms, requires an effective risk management framework that you will help to develop and implement.
- Develop and implement risk management policies and procedures consistent with SFC Type 3 activity.
- Monitor and report on market, credit, liquidity, and operational risks associated with Deriv's SFC Type 3 regulated activity. This will involve regularly assessing and reporting on the risk exposure of various products and services, identifying potential areas of concern, and making recommendations to senior management to mitigate risks.
- Conduct regular and ad-hoc risk assessments on a daily basis to ensure that Deriv operates within an acceptable risk appetite. You will need to be able to identify emerging risks and make recommendations to mitigate them.
- Act as the Manager in Charge (MIC) for Deriv's SFC Type 3 regulated activity. This will involve ensuring that all regulatory requirements are met, monitoring the effectiveness of risk management processes, and reporting to senior management and regulators as required.
- Communicate and report regularly to the Hong Kong office and the headquarters on risk management issues, including the identification of emerging risks, changes to the risk management framework, and the status of risk management initiatives.
- Collaborate with other offices and departments to ensure that risk management is embedded within all aspects of the business.
What you have
- University degree in finance, mathematics, statistics, risk management, or a related field
- 6+ years of experience in the field of risk management
- Strong background in setting up a risk management system
- In-depth understanding of Type 3 regulated activity (Candidates with exposure to Type 2 regulated activity will also be considered)
- Proficiency in various modelling methods, such as VAR and stress testing
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to manage and prioritise multiple competing tasks
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
What’s good to have
- Experience with multi-site collaboration over different time zones
What we’ll give you
- Competitive salary
- Annual performance bonus
- Health benefits
- Casual dress code
- Travel and internet allowances