A boutique M&A advisory group based in Hong Kong specialized in providing advisory services to financial institutions and MNCs in Asia Pacific with a particular focus on Southeast Asia, Europe and the Middle East. We are seeking a highly motivated team player who meets the following criteria as Senior Associate. One of the key targets for the candidate will be to originate new deals from their own initiatives and personal network, within Southeast Asia, Europe or beyond.
The Candidate would be working with an experienced execution banker from Southeast Asia, based in Hong Kong as this region is the company’s major focus.
- Work closely with the Director & Head of Execution and Chairman on the origination of his network initiations
- Assist the Director & Head of Execution and Chairman in sourcing potential deals across the industries in Southeast Asia
- Lead both Buy-side and Sell-side transaction execution for the entire deal cycle, including drafting definitive agreements, performing due-diligence process, and supporting for client advisory
- Build and run financial models and valuation on relevant companies
- Guide junior team members in preparing presentation documents including pitch books, strategic, business financial proposals, company overview and marketing materials (e.g. Teaser, CIM)
- Perform research, analysis and write reports on industry sectors and specific companies where applicable.
- Multitask between assignments and jobs assigned to the team members.
- Manage and handle communication with clients, investors, and partners of advisory companies
- General office administration and supervision of junior team members
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Business/Finance or related field
- Minimum 3 years working experience in cross-border M&A transactions in Southeast Asia (E.g., Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines). A specific focus and knowledge of a sector (e.g., financial services, consumer goods) and European market would be an advantage
- The candidate must have a track record and good knowledge in cross-border M&A transactions
- Proficient experience in execution, including drafting the definitive agreement and performing due diligence
- An excellent command of written and spoken English. Proficient in European or Southeast Asian languages would be a plus
- Professional qualifications in the financial discipline (e.g., CFA/CPA) would be an advantage
- Strong skills in financial analysis, financial modelling and valuation, market research and due diligence
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
- Ability, tenacity, and network to originate deals independently
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Diligent, team player and personable individual
- Highly professional and self-motivated and able to effectively work as an individual contributor and possess strong analytical, problem-solving, critical thinking skills, and able to multitask and deliver under tight deadlines
Interested candidates, please send your CV including the current/expected salary and availability.