STS Cheque & Operations Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
- To direct and control the operations of the Payment Team and ensure that the established service standards are met.
- To provide support all the products and services assigned to the team.
- To manage the relationships between the Payment Team and the RM's, SCB departments and customers.
- To support the business in meeting its obligation on the compliance of AML, Group Policies, and local regulations
This job key responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day activities of the Payment Team. This includes overseeing the workload distribution amongst the team members, arranging the scheduling of shifts, and overseeing a smooth daily work flow.
- Supervise the processing of all transactions allocated to the team and ensure an adherence to the cutoff times.
- Review and approve payment transactions according to delegated authority.
- Provide guidance to the team in resolution of complex transactions.
- Administer human resource activities of the Payment Team staff. This includes a regular written performance review of the team members.
- Monitor procedural adherence of the both HK and GBS teams to ensure compliance of internal audit standards.
- Supervise and provide guidance to the team in performing daily activities under the role of payment processing including but not limit to AML/Sanction monitoring.
- Strong managerial skills and leadership quality with an ability to supervise a team of up to 12 clerical staff.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills.
- In-depth knowledge of local and international payment methods and settlement arrangements. A thorough understanding of SWIFT.
- Sound knowledge of foreign exchange, Agency Arrangement and relevant banking regulations. Knowledge of the business practice and standards of the Overseas Group offices and correspondents.
- Thorough understanding of the functionality of the payment systems.
- Good interpersonal skills. Ability to maintain a good professional relationship with external and internal contacts.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.