This job is to be performed by a Sales Trader who is responsible, under supervision, for taking orders from institutional clients, or swap counterparties, in listed securities and deliver good executions and equity financing services to clients and counterparties. The duties and responsibilities he/she is going to take this job include, but not limit to:
· Works closely with institutional sales force to assist in the identification of trading, financing and hedging opportunities for clients
· Feed trading and risk controlling ideas and precisely interpret investment opinions of research reports to the clients; channel market information flow to the clients in a timely manner; providing financing and hedging tools using swap or other instruments to optimize financing and risk control for equity investment.
· Ensure good trade executions, financing and risk control for clients
· Responsible for developing relationships with assigned client organizations through trading and execution services
· Knowledge of Asia and global stock markets including equity derivative markets both listed and OTC
· Understanding the client’s investment behavior, risk appetite and orientation
Skills and Abilities
· Customer-oriented mentality, proactive personality
· Effective communicator with excellent English, Mandarin and Cantonese abilities
· Hard working, able to work under pressure, tight schedule and long hours
· A good team player
· Bachelor degree or above, preference for finance related major. Finance background would be favorable as would financial field work experience/qualifications
· 3-5 years of experience as Sales Trader in Hong Kong and global stock and its listed and OTC market
· License of securities trading
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of the work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as the comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.