Sarbanes Oxley Manager - Global Finance
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC's purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis; accuracy; efficiency and control to frame and influence business decisions.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Sarbanes Oxley Manager
. Principal responsibilities
- Responsible for SOX coordination within HSBC.
- Ensure SOX compliance in HSBC, internal control framework across the region is aligned with Group and Operational Risk Management Framework.
- Perform SOX risk assessment for HSBC to ensure high risk areas are scoped in for SOX purposes.
- Engage with Global Businesses, Global Functions and other Business Units to identify key controls for risk mitigation within their processes and operations.
- Provide guidance and partner with various Business Units and HOST in identifying and reporting of SOX controls deficiencies.
- Conduct SOX Assurance Reviews in Hong Kong and Asia Pacific countries to ensure adequate internal controls are maintained and operating effectively.
- Review and challenge internal control issues, identify potential thematic issues. Provide practical and cost effective recommendations for remediation.
- Coordinate Internal Control Certificate sign off from business and function heads to support HSBCs CEO and CFOs certification.
- Prepare management information reports on internal control matters to support SOX 4 way meetings and HSBC Audit Committee meetings.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and provide support to their SOX audits.
- Provide SOX training as when required.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Qualified Accountant with experience preferably with banking and financial services in the field of risk and controls. Strong financial control background.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley Act 404, COSO 2013 Framework and HSBC Operational Risk Management Framework.
- Possess understanding of structure, operations, systems and finance function within a multinational environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to confidently deal with colleagues at various level including senior management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, with a proactive approach.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.