Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced sales individual with a proven track record of sourcing new clients and closing both tactical and strategic deals that generate revenue for the company. This position will be based in Hong Kong within our Sector Solutions team reporting to the Head of Sector Solutions (Sales), North Asia. This is a new business sales role, requiring you to research opportunities, initiate discussions, build prospect relationships, manage the sales process and close deals that generate new revenue. You will establish and maintain a pipeline covering asset managers, asset owners, sovereign clients and insurance companies within Hong Kong and North Asia region.
You will also serve as a thought leader and cooperate extensively with the regional sales organization in deal construction, value proposition and to transfer critical sales and product knowledge to other colleagues in the region to ensure sales synergies across segments. Why this role is important to us
You will be joining the Institutional Services function that allows us to deliver a comprehensive, holistic approach to each client relationship - for asset managers and asset owners, insurance companies, and official institutions globally. It means our client-facing functions work together to bring the very best solutions and services the firm has to offer - across all of our locations, products, and capabilities.
Join us if making your mark on the long-lasting client relationships we build is a challenge you are up for. Major responsibilities
- Develop new business strategy and pipeline within the North Asia region with a key focus on Hong Kong market.
- Deliver/exceed annual sales and revenue targets by executing sales strategies
- Lead sales process from prospecting through close, including lead generation, pipeline development, client meetings, prospect qualification, and RFP completion
- Develop an understanding for the target market, their challenges and opportunities, and ensure this is understood by the business, corporate functions, etc
- Play a lead role in identification of key client pain points, solution scope and opportunities to cross sell other product lines across the franchise
- Develop and maintain strong product knowledge and understanding of competitive offerings
- Represent State Street at relevant industry events and conferences
- Participate in the Regional Deal Team Committees to facilitate the development of an appropriate risk culture and financial discipline.
- Collaborate with relevant management resources to drive product and messaging strategies to differentiate our solutions
- Maintain standards of conduct and integrity within the business and ensure compliance with industry practice, company policies, statute and regulatory requirements in all matters
•. What we value
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Proven sales success and track record and leadership skills
- Ability to gain access and interact with C-level executives
- Strong written and presentation skills along with a high level of professionalism
- Demonstrated track record of achieving/exceeding financial goals
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and influence change
- Ability to influence cross-organizational plans, sales efforts alongside organizational priorities
About State Street What we do.
- Undergraduate degree.
- 10+ years successful sales experience in financial services areas inclusive of sales, account and relationship management.
- Candidates who are working in fund managers, insurance companies who have strong network with the industry will also be considered.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers