The Account Mgmt Specialist is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Excellent communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits. Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual. Responsibilities:
- Interface with a portfolio of Clients to develop an understanding of their operating procedures, organization structures and needs in identifying and supporting the delivery Citi Products
- Be the client advocate in managing the Citi network, +100 countries to ensure client satisfaction:
- Develop and maintain industry knowledge
- Track all deals pending Implementation with Client Delivery and Operations partners
- Work in partnership with Global / Regional Solution Sales Specialist in the preparation and delivery, where applicable of Relationship Reviews
- Review, screen and co-ordinate timely responses to all clients related enquiries either personally or through redirecting to CEM, Service, ops or appropriate Product Specialists
- Build effective network working closely with overseas Citibank branches to be client advocate
- Co-ordinate and oversee the updating of customer account and/or product structures
- Ensure requirements met for new business opportunities and work in partnership with Operations and Implementations to ensure deals implemented and support provided to the client where necessary to drive revenue realization
- Assist with client communication of product migrations, regulatory changes and market updates for portfolio
- Coordinate and work closely with Sales Specialists for client Relationship Reviews and call briefing memos
- Responsible for monthly revenue analysis ensuring MIS systems accurately reflects account profitability
- Prepare summaries and forecasts communicating findings.
- Provide support where necessary for the coordination of RFP
- Ensure AML enquiries handled promptly and thoughtfully ensuring adherence to Citi policies.
- Work with Global partners to ensure references are provided (e.g. credit references).
- Drive the Service Quality Process at the client level
- Provide client feedback on product, process and service needs.
- Take ownership, lead and track specific customer issues/problems including pricing and billing issues and work with the customer and internal departments until issues are resolved.
- Build a culture of responsible finance, good governance and supervision, expense discipline and ethics
- Appropriately assess risk/reward of transactions when making business decisions
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of experience
- Proven track record of successful client focused activity, Back Office Cash Management or Trade Operations Experience
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Committed, Trusted team player
- High energy with initiative
- Time Management and Organizational Skills
- Bachelors/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:
- Knowledge of post trade settlements process, including fund administration services, is required.
- Experience in transfer agency and trustee services is preferred.
- Incumbent must have prior experience in custodian bank; asset management or similar institutions is highly preferred.
Institutional Sales Job Family:
Account Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting