Established in Asia in 2013 with a trailblazer mentality, FWD is the primary insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group (PCG), with minority shareholders Swiss Re Group, GIC Ventures, RRJ Capital and Hopu Investments.
FWD spans 10 markets in Asia including Hong Kong SAR & Macau SAR, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan, Malaysia and Cambodia. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. We focus on creating fresh customer experiences and making the insurance journey simpler, faster and smoother, with innovative propositions and easy-to-understand products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to be a leading pan-Asian insurer by changing the way people feel about insurance.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. The Job
As an individual contributor in the reconciliation team in Finance, you are required to support the team with various tasks as below:
- Prepare bank and account reconciliations of Life Insurance and other business lines
- Prepare reconciliations between various policy systems and ledger
- Liaise with stakeholders within Finance and other departments on exceptions or variance of the reconciliation
- Identify internal control loopholes from the reconciliation perspectives
- Uphold the required internal control processes
- Timely follow-up on the exceptions to the reconciliations
- Complete all assigned tasks before deadline with high accuracy
- Participate in various projects, e.g. Transaction Matching automation, and contribute ideas to process / system improvements
- Liaise with auditors on hard close and year-end audit
- Help on ad hoc tasks/projects when required
- Degree holder in Accounting with HKICPA or equivalent qualification preferred
- Minimum 2 years of relevant accounting experience, candidate with less experience will be considered as Senior Accountant position
- Proficiency in using Microsoft applications especially Excel
- Knowledge in Oracle OTBI is preferable
- Able to meet deadlines and willing to work overtime when necessary
- Able to work under pressure with problem solving skills
- Good command of spoken & written English & Chinese
- Work well within the department and other stakeholders in the Company as a team
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.