Senior Actuarial Analyst - HSBC Life
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC Life is a world-class institution where you can specialise in Insurance but enjoy the advantages that come with being part of a leading global international bank. Insurance is about people, and the promises they make. At HSBC Life we help deliver on these promises by providing a wide variety of life insurance products and services to our clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
Our employees enjoy a dynamic and innovative workplace and a world of opportunities to develop their careers in a high-profile growing business segment. We empower our team of high-performing individuals to build skills and explore new experiences to realise the full potential of being part of HSBC.
Together we pursue efficient ways of working. We harness the latest data and technology solutions to achieve meaningful outcomes for our clients. The protection we offer creates broad and lasting impact, helping clients to be healthier, more productive and more confident in their futures.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Actuarial Analyst
. Principal responsibilities
- Responsible for daily actuarial work, mainly developing and maintaining actuarial models and other actuarial analytic related issues.
- Provide support to other teams within ARA as needed and work with Chief Actuary's Office to provide key modelling and analytical services.
- Comply with regulatory requirement and Group's risk management framework including IFIM
- Ensure the proper control in place as complied with the SOX and Model Risk Policy
- Conduct day to day actuarial work for developing and maintaining actuarial models financial reporting and other actuarial analytic related issues
- Ensure that the modelling and financial reporting work is compliance with the External and Internal Audit
- Provide support to Actuarial and Risk Analytics teams, including implementation of new methodology and assumptions and conduct the model development and testing in accordance with Group standards
- Provide support on the actuarial items, reserves or PVIF, and MI information under various reporting basis including statutory and IFRS, for various stakeholders, including Risk, Local Business and Group Insurance.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- University graduate in Business Administration, Actuarial Science, Business Finance or related discipline
- Good progress with actuarial examinations, and experience in corporate actuarial may be an advantage
- Strong communication skills and good interpersonal skills.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.