Job description Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Life is a world-class institution where you can specialise in Insurance but enjoy the advantages that come with being part of a leading global international bank. Insurance is about people, and the promises they make. At HSBC Life we help deliver on these promises by providing a wide variety of life insurance products and services to our clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
Our employees enjoy a dynamic and innovative workplace and a world of opportunities to develop their careers in a high-profile growing business segment. We empower our team of high-performing individuals to build skills and explore new experiences to realise the full potential of being part of HSBC.
Together we pursue efficient ways of working. We harness the latest data and technology solutions to achieve meaningful outcomes for our clients. The protection we offer creates broad and lasting impact, helping clients to be healthier, more productive and more confident in their futures.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Senior Actuarial Analyst , Employee Benefits Actuarial
. Principal Responsibilities
- Actuarial pricing and monitoring of employee benefits (EB), individual life and personal medical insurance business
- Actuarial pricing under different basis, including feasibility study on product development, modelling and assumption setting with justifications and recommendation, reinsurance negotiation, preparing/reviewing pricing documents and approval papers
- Annual profitability review and in depth product review/analysis
- Supporting pricing and special quotation of tailor-made and take-over EB business cases
- Managing the implementation and renewal of specific EB, individual life and personal medical products/ changes made to products
- Providing technical advice and having the capabilities to explain, discuss and/or clarify with all stakeholders independently
- Any other profitability information requested by other stakeholders
- University graduate in Actuarial Studies or related discipline
- Previous experience of products pricing, especially on group and personal medical insurance products, will be preferred
- Preferred experience in IFRS17
- Good progress towards Actuarial qualification (FSA/FIA/FFA Equivalent)
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines without compromising quality
- Strong communication skills, particularly relating to business considerations and use non-technical jargon
- Possess strong problem solving skills for wide range of problems
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and knowledge of Prophet is preferable
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Hong Kong is required You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC. http://www.hsbc.com/careers
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.