Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Insurance
Hang Seng Bank was one of Hong Kong's bancassurance pioneers with insurance business footprint started since 1965. Over the years, Hang Seng Bank has been committed to serve its customers by providing full spectrum of insurance products including Life Insurance manufacturing, distribution of General Insurance and Medical products, and MPF business.
Insurance is a fast-growing business and is one of the key drivers of Hang Seng Bank. As a well-established insurance entity, we take care of every need of our customers with an optimized service excellence through the Bank's retail and commercial network, with a dedicated team of professionals in place.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Senior Actuarial Analyst, Valuation. Principal Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the emerging financial and demographic experience monitoring; Discuss with Model teams to ensure that the approved methodology and assumptions are implemented accurately.
- Help on the study of regular assumption review quarterly for Financial Reporting Committee (FRC) meeting, provide sound justification and financial impact analysis on proposed change as part of the approval process.
- Prepare the IFRS sensitivity result to quantify the exposure on key risk driver to company's balance sheet and profit & loss statement, provide insightful analytical review on period to period movement and communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Prepare for actuarial items under various reporting basis for various stakeholders.
- Assist in the annual operating plan process to provide credible information to senior management in devising appropriate business strategy and setting targets.
- Coordinate the audit and compliance activities from External Audit / External Review and to those from Internal Audit, Independent Model Review and Compliance
- Ensure proper Governance and oversee the development, operation and validation of IFRS models
- Support implementation of IFRS 17 in actuarial analytic related areas
- University graduate in Actuarial Science, Risk Management or related discipline
- Qualified or nearly qualified actuary in the Society of Actuaries or other equivalent actuarial organization
- Minimum 2 years of actuarial work experience, exposure in corporate actuarial may be an advantage
- Ability to build relationships by communicating, influencing and negotiating effectively with business heads and senior managers
- Project management experience, organizational skills and ability to think innovatively
- Strong problem solving skills and business sense
- High professional and ethical standards
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
If you would like to explore other opportunities at Hang Seng Hong Kong, please visit www.hangseng.com/careers/ for details.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.