Senior Actuarial Manager, Pricing
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You've come to the right place. We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear from you. Job Description The Opportunity
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products and services daily. We believe in the value of empowering our Senior Actuarial Managers
with the resources to enhance and achieve our financial performance objectives for the future of our business, which is why we need you.
Manulife is looking for an experienced actuary for the product pricing function of the individual ang group life and health business. The candidate will be exposed to a diversified portfolio of projects to help Manulife leading in the dynamic market with changing regulatory / financial reporting requirements. Are you looking for such a once in a lifetime challenge to develop? Are you prepared to maximize the opportunities for the company and ultimately help our customers achieving their dreams and aspirations? What motivates you?
We are looking for someone with:
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
- Internationally recognized actuarial designation such as FSA/FCIA.
- 6 years of actuarial experience, preferably in direct business product pricing. Experience in HK RBC and/or IFRS 17 would be an asset. Candidates with less experience may be considered as Manager.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skill, both written and oral.
On the job you will:
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with demanding deadlines.
Our commitment to you:
- Lead junior actuarial colleagues in medium scale pricing functions.
- Develop pricing strategy in response to the changing regulatory environment e.g. HK RBC, financial reporting requirements e.g. IFRS 17, as well as financial and risk target of the group.
- Projects or focused business line will be assigned on rotation basis, including participating products, protection products, universal life, investment linked products and group life and health products, as well as data analytics, investment strategy design and risk monitoring.
- Lead the research and development of certain the technical capability within the department and assist in the technical development of junior colleagues.
- Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
- Our best. Every day
Learn more about opportunities with us at jobs.manulife.com
#LI-RC54 Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today. About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com . Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .