Senior Associate, Business Origination, Beijing
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, a leading provider of credit market data, analytical tools and risk services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
As a global credit rating agency, Fitch Ratings gauges the ability of entities and instruments to meet their credit obligations. Investors and financial market participants rely on multiple sources, and the credit rating - indicating how an issue or transaction is likely to perform over time - is one of their key inputs. In this way, we help investors map potential credit risks.
Fitch Solutions, a subsidiary of Fitch Ratings, provides a range of industry-leading products and professional development services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, it distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution it brings to market, our offerings are designed to meet the diverse needs of the fixed-income markets.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws. Department overview:
The Greater China Business Relationship Management (BRM) division provides tactical marketing and business development management covering all Fitch Ratings product groups. The team is responsible for:
- Issuer Marketing (across Sovereign, Financial Institutions, Corporates, Structured Finance, International Public Finance and Infrastructure Finance and amongst others)
- Banker / Arranger outreach
- Manage visibility and positioning Fitch as the rating agency of choice in Greater China and Asia
Reporting to the Senior Director based in Hong Kong, this position will be responsible for supporting BRM activities under Financial Institutions (FI) in Northern China. The individual will also need to support the wider Greater China FI team. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Qualifications and experience:
- Work closely with the senior business originator and other team members to meet the revenue budgets for Beijing Centre
- Work closely with internal/external counterparts (issuer, banker, analysts, etc) to assure smooth execution on new and existing rating exercises and provide timely support on documentation preparation
- Work with revenue management team to lead and manage rating contract renewals in a timely manner
- Work closely with business/billing support team to conduct timely billing and manage accounts receivables
- Conduct market research and data analysis as needed to create pitching material, update issuance market share and entity market share
- Maintain and track FI deal flows and produce any periodical BRM reporting requirements for Beijing centre as well as the wider Greater China team as required
- Execute and/or support various outreach initiatives (conferences, seminars, one-on-one meetings, electronic delivery, analyst meetings, Issuer Portal service, etc.) to strengthen Fitch's market visibility
- Provide back-up coverage to the business originators in Greater China when needed
- Occasional travel may be required
- 3 years or above relevant Marketing or Relationship Management experience in Debt Capital Markets or banking/financial services sectors
- Degree educated with specialization in business, finance and other relevant disciplines would be beneficial
- Exposure to Bloomberg, effective presentation and negotiation skills is advantageous
- Fluent spoken and written Chinese and English is essential
- Able to communicate confidently and clearly
- Works collaboratively, both within immediate team and wider company
- Manages self, time and priorities effectively
- Uses initiative to get things moving and see them through
- Juggles business priorities, and meets changing deadlines