BitMEX interacts continuously with the Bitcoin blockchain and is known for best-in-class safety and security. The Senior Bitcoin Engineer, working within the Funds and Wallets team, will be responsible for developing and maintaining innovative and safe solutions to the custody and maintenance of millions of Bitcoin UTXOs holding more than 1% of all Bitcoin in circulation. With an eye toward defense-in-depth and real-world solutions, this engineer should command a formidable working knowledge of blockchain concepts, bitcoin client behaviors, and cryptography, while looking toward the future of Bitcoin and alternative chains to ensure BitMEX remains a leader in safe custodianship.
- Work with the CTO, Trading Engine, and Security teams to improve existing custody & monitoring solutions.
- Scale systems interacting with the blockchain to handle very high counts of active addresses and assigned UTXOs.
- Develop and maintain additional systems for continuous audit of Bitcoin holdings.
- Build systems to continuously defragment UTXOs to ensure users can receive funds quickly and cheaply.
- Evaluate, leave feedback for, and integrate the latest BIPs relevant to BitMEX’s blockchain integrations.
- Work closely with Core Trading Engine development team on trading account funding and withdrawal solutions
- You have considerable experience and expertise with Bitcoin and the structure of Bitcoin transactions
- 3+ years programming experience contributing to Bitcoin wallet software or the Bitcoin protocol
- You keep up to date with the latest developments in Bitcoin technology, including new Bitcoin transaction format proposals. You are interested in combining various Bitcoin capabilities in innovative ways to increase the efficiency of wallets
- Strong engineering skill set with a firm grasp of fundamental Computer Science principles and a test-driven approach to software development
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities within a fast moving industry and startup culture
- Computer Science / Engineering / computational degree preferable